Amazon vs Apple: The race for the future of music

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
From what I read of his post in this thread he didn't state if his torrents were legal or illegal. Or did he?

Nope:

Amazon for physical recordings I can't find online to torrent or buy in stores. I use itunes to play files I torrent.

Nothing said about being legal or illegal. I took the first part of the post out, but you can read what it was, even though it still won't say anything about legal or illegal.

It looks like he was saying that he is using iTunes as another listening preference, as I would as well and as joe stated above.

Quality isn't a huge deal to me, but iTunes is easy to use, and is far less hassle than any other media player I have used.

Though, I could do without the constant updates.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Foobar > itunes...:D

You can play any format, convert files, tag them, smaller footprint, far better than my experience with itunes.

Anyway back to the topic at hand...I've said it elsewhere but I am not a fan of the "Cloud" computing that is coming.:mad

It's getting to the point that now everything will exist only in the "ether" of cyberspace, a physical copy of software or movies or just about anything is going the way of the Dodo bird. To me it's about control, or losing part of it to the mega-corps, this reminds me of "Big Brother" no matter how benevolent the salesmen are trying to dress it up.

Anyone here remember buying your first copy of Windows? You bought the program itself, now what do you get when you pay for your OS? A "License" to use the application, on the company's terms. I want to actually Own what I am paying cold hard cash for, not theoretical or rented or leased but actual Ownership.

I see the Cloud as just another maze the big software companies are trying to put us all in and I don't like the idea at all.:nw:

joe

Reaction score
It's all about choices. The more choices the better IMO. If someone choses to use whatever format, listening device, legal or illegal, etc., that's thier choice. Live and let live.

Last edited:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
What has been said in the past? Can you be specific? I can't remember every gawd damn posts. Maybe it was stated before I joined the forum. You see, I haven't been here as long as you have now have I?

From what I read of his post in this thread he didn't state if his torrents were legal or illegal. Or did he?

the [Search] button is everyone's friend. :)

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
It's been said in the past. It didn't need to be said in this specific thread. Add to it, he didn't argue that detail in his reply.

It has also been said I also buy music as well which I usually upload into itunes.

Since I use both amazon and itunes (one for buying music I can not find online or in a record store) and the other as a listening device for either pirated music or music that was bought I think it does fit into this.

Me not arguing that detail could also indicate I am just avoiding long responses to people I sense that are just trying to push buttons.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
It has also been said I also buy music as well which I usually upload into itunes.

Since I use both amazon and itunes (one for buying music I can not find online or in a record store) and the other as a listening device for either pirated music or music that was bought I think it does fit into this.
never said you don't purchase any music. the original topic is Amazon vs Apple, not "where I buy my music vs what I play it with". Because if that were the case, then we may as well inject Microsoft, Winamp, VLC and any number of other pieces of software that people use for playing their music on. The "apple" in Amazon vs Apple is speaking of the Apple iTunes Store, which is where my original comment to you was in reference to, not what you play your music on. That's not part of the equation/topic at all (at least not the way I viewed/read it)

Me not arguing that detail could also indicate I am just avoiding long responses to people I sense that are just trying to push buttons.
Ahh yeah, someone is always out to get you. :rolleyes: There was no button pushing going on at all and my response was polite. It's not hard to push some people's buttons and if that were my intention, it would be quite obvious. Sorry if you think otherwise.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
never said you don't purchase any music. the original topic is Amazon vs Apple, not "where I buy my music vs what I play it with". Because if that were the case, then we may as well inject Microsoft, Winamp, VLC and any number of other pieces of software that people use for playing their music on. The "apple" in Amazon vs Apple is speaking of the Apple iTunes Store, which is where my original comment to you was in reference to, not what you play your music on. That's not part of the equation/topic at all (at least not the way I viewed/read it)

Ahh yeah, someone is always out to get you. :rolleyes: There was no button pushing going on at all and my response was polite. It's not hard to push some people's buttons and if that were my intention, it would be quite obvious. Sorry if you think otherwise.

Also I already explained how what I said is on topic. Try reading it again.
Hmmm it seemed more calling me out than anything else.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
So, how about that amazon and apple eh?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theanexavis

Members online