Alice Cooper (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Best 70's album? I'd say probably "Killer". I know a lot of people would probably immediately say "Billion Dollar Babies" or "Love It To Death" but I find myself listening to "Killer" the most often of all of the Alice Cooper band's albums. "Love It To Death" would be second place for me though and I do have a real warm spot for "Welcome to My Nightmare" and "From The Inside".

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Best 70's album? I'd say probably "Killer". I know a lot of people would probably immediately say "Billion Dollar Babies" or "Love It To Death" but I find myself listening to "Killer" the most often of all of the Alice Cooper band's albums. "Love It To Death" would be second place for me though and I do have a real warm spot for "Welcome to My Nightmare" and "From The Inside".

Thanks!!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Really cleaned up the Coop thread...replaced as many videos as I could...ENJOY!!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Thanks, Dean. You're so swell. :D

I have been really digging this Coop song lately...

Take It Like A Woman

I've always love this song but it's really elevated itself to a status of one of the most important songs (lyrically) of his entire career more recently.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I always enjoyed how Cooper showed his more tender side with "You and Me" just as KISS did with their wonderful ballad "Beth",which with all the band's hard rock explosions is actually many people's favorite KISS tune..........

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
It certainly got them some fans that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten if nothing else.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Thanks, Dean. You're so swell. :D

I have been really digging this Coop song lately...

Take It Like A Woman

I've always love this song but it's really elevated itself to a status of one of the most important songs (lyrically) of his entire career more recently.

:grinthumb How you been CH??? Haven't talked in a while!!

rtbuck

Reaction score
The documentary that was recently released Super Duper Alice Cooper is great although it only goes up to 1986... so I'm wondering if there will be a part 2. It is phenomenal to see some of the real old footage and I ended up getting the deluxe version which comes with a 12" x12" hard cover book with tons of great photos. It also comes with the DVD, a Blu-Ray, another DVD of an Alice Cooper show from Montreal 1972, and an audio CD of a concert from 2009. For some reason there is no mention of guitarist Michael Bruce in the documentary who actually co-wrote a lot of the classic tunes. The one thing that came up that I never knew was that Alice had a bad cocaine habit in the late 70's/early 80's & it almost killed him. I knew he was in rough shape & almost died back then but I thought it was from alcohol. The cocaine was never made public until now. I guess he got hooked on it after he got out of rehab for alcoholism shortly after writing From the Inside w/ Bernie Taupin. Taupin & Alice became close friends and Bernie was sneaking into the bathroom snorting while they were writing & hanging out. Alice caught on to what Bernie was doing and decided to give it a try accept Alice started really taking it to the extreme ...Bernie ended up getting away from Alice because he was so out of control. It's wild because I always thought Alice didn't seem right in the concert movie The Strange Case of Alice Cooper from 1979. He looked so thin & his eyes looked really wild but I knew he stopped drinking and knew he would never do drugs( or so I thought) so I just overlooked it. When I seen him in 1981 He looked so awful...so thin. Little did I know how close to death he was. Getting back to the DVD ...it was great because it told the stories of alcohol & drug addiction & how he triumphed and has been sober since 1983. If you're a fan this DVD is well worth the money and worth seeing even if you don't buy the deluxe version

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online