Alice Cooper - Lace And Whiskey (Rate this album)

How would you rate Lace And Whiskey on a scale of 10?

• 10: Classic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9: Superb

• 8: Excellent

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 4: Poor

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3: Very poor

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 2: Bad

• 1: Awful

• Total voters

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Lace And Whiskey

I gave it a 7! Good album... This was a tough rating because had this poll taken place in the late 70's I would have rated it much lower because I couldn't stand the final 3 songs (No More Love at Your Convienence, I Never Wrote Those Songs, & My God), "Damned if You Do" Wasn't much Better, & as much as I liked "You & Me" the album version was too long clocking in over 5 minutes(The single of it cut it in half which was perfect). I've changed a lot musically since my teen years & grew to appreciate those songs... although this is near the bottom of the Cooper albums for me(I'm a Cooper fan so I do love this album & his others)

What makes this album "Good" for me??? ...Turn on "King of the Silver Screen & fast forward to the 3 minute mark & crank up your stereo!!! The guitar work of Dick Wagner & Steve Hunter Kicks ASS here!! Actually, I love the whole King of the Silver Screen song ("I'm Gonna EAT my make-up for lunch today!!!") I love the whole riff that goes through "It's Hot Tonight" which leads right into the title track which I always liked. "Road Rats" is another outstanding Kick ass cowbell rocker(More amazing guitar work!). "Ubangi Stomp" may seem out of place on the album but it's a fun song & performed great.

This was also a period when Alice's alcoholism was taking effect on him. I had read that some of the tunes on this album were leftovers from the 'Goes to Hell' sessions. I know "It's Hot Tonight" was from those sessions & I'm wondering if "No More Love..." was another because originally "Hell" was supposed to be a Huge Disco

Good insight.....Hell was to be a huge disco....that's cool. I think I had heard this before.

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online