Alice Cooper is baffled by Robert Plant

rtbuck

Reaction score
Bucky and LG.. Interesting points that you both have brought up about unlocking the vaults of unreleased music..
But...
Here's my thought on that.. This is a whole different world.. Music has went way away from what Zep did back when they were famous for their style..
Alice has always been a great act and fun times for anybody who enjoys his work..
So my thing is if you bring out old stuff that was never released, then would the whole music world embrace it? The fans would of course, but imagine the negative bashing from critiques who would tear it apart..
You didn't really have such scrupulous critics back then like you do these days..
To me it would be justified to let it alone and don't bother trying to convince the industry to except something you would still be holding in the bag hoping to reignite the passion of the band..

I Understand what you're saying & I'm not saying for the bands to put out crap. The Stones got great reviews for finally releasing 'Ladies & Gentlemen The Rolling Stones' DVD, The extra songs from the Exile on Main Street Sessions, The Dvd documentary on Exile..., & the rerelease of Get Yer Ya Ya's out with 5 extra songs plus opening band performances, The Doors have released a bunch of live things over the years, & same with Hendrix with all of his stuff. ...& that's just a few things off the top of my head & it hasn't hurt the bands

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
They're both up there...both out in 69 right?? What is Alice 63 or older? When I met him I thought he was 61...Plant is in his 60's now...yes?

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
There is more going than here. What do I mean?

For one, I've seen Plant state publicly a number of times that he doesn't think Jason Bonham is a particularly good drummer who can do Zeppelin material the way he wants it done.

One of many reasons I think the guy is a dickhead.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
"The whole deal with Zep was that the four of us were always pushing and re-crafting that whole game that we were in. You can repeat something for so long but not forever. I think the whole adventure with Led Zeppelin has carried on in my spirit. I carry a flag for invention and making something quite exciting and unusual."
Robert Plant

Maybe he just respects the past and looks to the future in a different way ???

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am sure one other factor in Robert's decision is his love of John Bonham, he was his best mate in the band and like a big brother to Robert. I think deep down inside among any purely musical or relationship issues with Page and Jones is a heartfelt respect for his friend, that to do anything that might taint Led Zeppelins legacy is not worth doing.

At least that is one possible way to look at this subject.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
If he doesn't feel the urge to perform Led Zeppelin tunes, then there's nothing saying he has to. The reason people like Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones and the Who are still playing their 60's output is because they want to.

Page and Jones can't force Plant to play with Zeppelin any more than Mick Jagger and Keith Richards could force Mick Taylor to stay with the Stones, or Paul McCartney could force John Lennon to remain a Beatle.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online