Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Reaction score
Texas-Flood-cover.jpg

Side One

"Love Struck Baby" (Stevie Ray Vaughan) – 2:24
"Pride and Joy" (Vaughan) – 3:40
"Texas Flood" (Larry Davis, Joseph Wade Scott) – 5:21
"Tell Me" (Howlin' Wolf) – 2:49
"Testify" (instrumental) (Ronald Isley, O'Kelly Isley, Jr., Rudolph Isley) – 3:25
Side Two

"Rude Mood" (instrumental) (Vaughan) – 4:40
"Mary Had a Little Lamb" (Buddy Guy) – 2:47
"Dirty Pool" (Doyle Bramhall, Vaughan) – 5:02
"I'm Cryin'" (Vaughan) – 3:42
"Lenny" (instrumental) (Vaughan) – 4:58

Aero

Reaction score
I know these lists are just for fun, but they are also flawed by design. What ends up happening is someone removes an album because they're not a fan of the artist.

For instance in this thread, Sports by Huey Lewis And The News is a far better album than most of them on here. Mike Oldfield made the list and lasted until the end and yet I've never heard one song off that album. Meanwhile, "Sports" had 5 legit radio hits.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I know these lists are just for fun, but they are also flawed by design. What ends up happening is someone removes an album because they're not a fan of the artist.

For instance in this thread, Sports by Huey Lewis And The News is a far better album than most of them on here. Mike Oldfield made the list and lasted until the end and yet I've never heard one song off that album. Meanwhile, "Sports" had 5 legit radio hits.

The whole setup is a mess right now, in my honest opinion. only a couple of people posting albums in the nomination thread. The board is too inactive to make the 'game' even fair because it's basically set up (in its current form) to nominate 20 albums and then strip off 20 that you didn't nominate. It's also pretty transparent and polarized in such a way that you can tell which players going to strip off which albums before even going through the threads, meaning, that the same people strip out the same genres of music for every single year. It's not even a popularity contest, just a mentality of "I don't like that genre, that's the first I'm dumping". I'm not pointing fingers because I've done it myself.

I skipped several years because of this and quite honestly, I think it's nothing more than meaningless post-padding like so many other post-padding threads now, although these aren't even fun to me anymore. Just my 2 cents worth on the topic.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online