Albert King and Srv "In Session"

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
I'm right now watching a studio jam with Albert King and Stevie Ray. It has been out in album form for years, but apparently a DVD has been released.

It is airing now, and has an airing again in a few hours on PBS. I don't know when this will broadcast again, or when it will air in your area, but it is worth keeping an eye out for, or better yet, see if you can find the DVD.

The little bit I have seen is smoking, you can definitely hear King's huge influence on Stevie.

As a side note, PBS must be in a pledge drive, because they are advertising some interesting looking music programs, including a Jeff Beck tribute to Les Paul.

E-Z

Reaction score
I orignally bought this cd way back just after it was released back in 1998 and features a 'live in the studio session' between black bluesman musician Albert King and white blues/rock musician Stevie Ray Vaughan recorded in a Canadian television studio way back in 1983.

This is a 'great cd' full of lots of great playing between both participant's the only slight down side being the 63 minutes cd running time where as a full 78 minutes would have been better. I can honestly say this is one cd that i repeatedly play several times during the course of a year.

Recently the television broadcast to this cd has also been made available as well with several alternate numbers being included from the same session. I sometimes like to play this cd in the early hours of the morning (strangely this cd sounds better at night especially in the early hours for some reason?) and when Albert King kicks into the long slow blues 'Blues at sunrise' thats when i like to turn the volume up to 11!!. :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online