Aerosmith sales up due to Tyler's American Idol gig!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I think this will only impress me if their new stuff sounds good. I'm all for their record sales going up, but if that takes away from the amount of work and talent they put into the new album, than in my opinion, this whole thing means nothing.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^They are a great folk/rock band that has been around for quite some time, here is Sooty's thread for them.

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f20/official-decemberists-thread-11803/

I like them, to me they hearken back to the folk rock of the late 60's early 70's, with their own unique flavor.

I've gotta say that The Decemberists are getting some of the best promotion since Justin Beiber in this forum! After all there's no such thing as bad publicity! :grinthumb

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I think this will only impress me if their new stuff sounds good. I'm all for their record sales going up, but if that takes away from the amount of work and talent they put into the new album, than in my opinion, this whole thing means nothing.

That's the problem. The last thing people like athletes, musicians or actors need when trying to perform their craft effectively is outside interests, distractions and side projects.

I sort of admire people who dive whole hog, 100%, full throttle into their chosen profession and devote every waking moment to it. You know, the whole eat, sleep, breathe and shit your career thing. I like to see people in music or whatever field have an all or nothing attitude.

the_spore

God Emperor
Reaction score
Doesn't this happen to every famous musician that goes on Idol? Even if they're just a guest star that's going to be on one episode only?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I dunno, some band I never heard outride this forum...

But, here decide for yourself....

:wtf:

Cool tune...if you missed it, LG answered TC's question and supplied a link. Ok back to Tyler and on the rise Aerosmith sales due to AI. :grinthumb

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I've gotta say that The Decemberists are getting some of the best promotion since Justin Beiber in this forum! After all there's no such thing as bad publicity! :grinthumb

December is over--good. The year is new. I'll not publicize them. I don't like what I saw/heard.

As far as Aeropop and American Idiot, I won't say anything more lest I get my balls busted again... See the Dio video, he'll set ya on the straight and narrow. I will say, it's getting to where I'm repulsed by even the Aerosmith songs from the first four albums, and that's ****ing sad...I used to adore Aerosmith.

Boy do I have things to say...Too bad you guys won't have the pleasure of hearing them.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Cool tune...if you missed it, LG answered TC's question and supplied a link. Ok back to Tyler and on the rise Aerosmith sales due to AI. :grinthumb

Yeah, it's up there with Air Supply! ;)
:heheh:

Well, TC asked me a question, so I answered it. Let the members answer. No need to over moderate. :)

:cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah, it's up there with Air Supply! ;)
:heheh:

Well, TC asked me a question, so I answered it. Let the members answer. No need to over moderate. :)

:cheers2

No over moderating here GM. TC asked you a question because you decided to bring up a band in a thread that had nothing to do with the band. I don't see Decemberists in the title.

LG answered his question. So did you. Let's get back on topic please and keep this a Steve Tyler/Aerosmith/AI thread.

We don't need to troll fans of other bands in other threads. :cheers2

Next mention of the Decemberists in this thread will be the last mention of them in this thread.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
No over moderating here GM. TC asked you a question because you decided to bring up a band in a thread that had nothing to do with the band. I don't see Decemberists in the title.

LG answered his question. So did you. Let's get back on topic please and keep this a Steve Tyler/Aerosmith/AI thread.

We don't need to troll fans of other bands in other threads. :cheers2

Next mention of the Decemberists in this thread will be the last mention of them in this thread.

Well, there talking about Eminem, Tupac and Vanilla Ice in the AC/DC Back In Black thread?

I guess you only wanna see what you want to see...

You're the one who's making this into a big deal.

No one did anything wrong.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online