Accept (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Any thoughts on Eat The Heat album?
X-T-C is such a great opener to me and the drum beat... :bow:

Yeah this is pretty good. First time trying to get into them with a new singer.

This dude here had some issues I heard.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Any thoughts on Eat The Heat album?
X-T-C is such a great opener to me and the drum beat... :bow:

The intro is really really cool and makes you think Accept is gravitating towards progressive metal. But then the rest of the song kicks in and - I'm sorry - but it's pure cock rock to me.
Glad that they are still making money with music though. Their first album alone warrants eternal rock star status.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I know some people say it is not Accept without UDO and this album proves their point. I haven't listened to the whole album yet, so I can't tell what I think of it. I only know X-T-C and barely Generation Clash.

Khor1255

Reaction score
I stopped being into them long before Udo left the band. Balls to the Wall was the last album I really liked anything off of and it was sketchy compared to everything that came before it.

But to each his own and I'm glad people are still supporting them.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I stopped being into them long before Udo left the band. Balls to the Wall was the last album I really liked anything off of and it was sketchy compared to everything that came before it.

But to each his own and I'm glad people are still supporting them.

You gotta check out the new album man!! :grinthumb

As far as Balls To The Wall being the last good album?? I thought it was pretty bad ass, but again that's just me.

Nothing off Metal Heart that you liked?? :uh:

Khor1255

Reaction score
I thought Balls to the Wall had some real potential but was serious decline compared to Restless and Wild or any of their passed albums. I gave Metal Heart a serious try anyway (a lot of friends liked it) and I may have even gone to a show for that tour but no I didn't like anything I heard.

There were one or two songs that were close but such a dissapointment from their previous efforts I couldn't bring myself to appreciate it at all.

What about the new album do you think a metallic curmudgeon like myself might find exciting?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I think you would really like the new album....considering your feelings on Metal Heart and Balls To The Wall. Even with a new vocalist (but at least TT Quick's vocalist) they seem to have really found some strong metal roots here and are really kickin' ass!!

I also like Restless & Wild alot better. My favourite album from the entire catalog too, but I have to say I really enjoyed Balls To The Wall as a complete album. Though not has fun and furious as the one before, I still get a big kick out of it.

Lots of variety on that one...moody tunes, upbeat tunes, pissed off tunes...it's all good.

:grinthumb

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Restless and Wild is the only album I don't have on vinyl from the classic line-up, but I have this on CD. If I had to pick my favourite Accept album... it would be Breaker (non-American edition). Lots of great tunes - Midnight Highway, Down and Out and Burning. :hb:

Khor1255

Reaction score
Breaker is actually the first album I ever heard from them. I was lucky enough to hear the other two as well and was thoroughly into them by the time Restless and Wild came out.

Man, I wish I still had that import LP. We played the hell out of it but it was such a quality pressing I still remember it sounding great all up until I lost it somewhere along the line.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online