53rd Annual Grammy nominations

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
MP - saying let the public vote for what they want puts more faith in humanity than I would be willing to give.

:heheh: OK ...we'll let the music fans of Europe vote?? It would get a little better.

But I'm diggin' all the points here between you Soot and Ak...I guess when it comes right down to it I'm with LG...I never cared for the Grammies and really don't pay too much attention. Hell I wouldn't even know if one of my favorite groups were on it unless this thread was made. :heheh:

But in the end..I picture 5 guys sittin' around a table discussin' who's gonna win (no different than the HOF) and my reaction to it all is :rolleyes:

It's better we all like what we like...and throw the awards out the window. The award itself should be longevity, loyal fan base, concert & record sales. (or the joy that one entertainer brings to it's listeners) At least for rock music, and I agree classical music is a whole other world altogether.

Anything after that is all hot air with these shows IMHO. :cheers2

...and yes that includes bands that I've loved that won these things. Slayer won a Grammy. I never batted an eyelash.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Yeah, Slayer won a grammy for one of their worst albums, if I recall?

The thing that irks me most about the grammy's is that their name is a little bit too accurate -- it seems like my grandma makes the nominations!!! IMHO it's one thing for there to be a secretive little group who makes the decisions, but with the Grammy's it's like these people aren't even music fans. They obviously don't have anybody out there with their pulse on the musical flow. They don't seem to really know what they're doing, we all can think of the most notable examples. Whoever is making their best and most consequential material right now, they're gonna a win a grammy 15 years from now for an album that absolutely sucks.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online