3 Doors Down: American Rock

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Your ugly chick is pointing at me! :tongue:

@Magic, people do that with bands all the time and it doesn't matter. When you like the formula you like the formula. I have bands like that but I like them for a great vocal or some other element. I just don't like enough of 3DD music to get excited about them and the vocalist is kind of mid range. Nice tone but nothing stellar. Not enough grit for me either. I guess I'm too ADD for 3DD! :D

Don't try to resist her. What Jan Terri wants, Jan Terri gets dangit!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@Magic, people do that with bands all the time and it doesn't matter. When you like the formula you like the formula. I have bands like that but I like them for a great vocal or some other element. I just don't like enough of 3DD music to get excited about them and the vocalist is kind of mid range. Nice tone but nothing stellar. Not enough grit for me either. I guess I'm too ADD for 3DD! :D

This is a prime example of where music becomes a personal issue. If you like a band, you like 'em.

I happen to like the midrange vocalist, he knows his limits and stays within that limit.......the band would really suck if he attempted something he isn't capable of.

I don't know what you mean by "grit", that is the whole basis of 3DD's sound is a grungey grit. But if you mean getting balls to experiment, then I have to agree with you on that. They have been pretty consistent since day one with a certain sound. There are a ton of bands out there, old and new, who are consistent, and sometimes that is where their success comes from :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
This is a prime example of where music becomes a personal issue. If you like a band, you like 'em.

I happen to like the midrange vocalist, he knows his limits and stays within that limit.......the band would really suck if he attempted something he isn't capable of.

I don't know what you mean by "grit", that is the whole basis of 3DD's sound is a grungey grit. But if you mean getting balls to experiment, then I have to agree with you on that. They have been pretty consistent since day one with a certain sound. There are a ton of bands out there, old and new, who are consistent, and sometimes that is where their success comes from :grinthumb

By grit I mean the vocal. It has no rough edges, rasp or anything! Just a straight even tone! Not My favorite type of vocal is all! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OK...I gotcha! Not that I agree with you, but I understand what you mean.

I have never seen them live, I wonder how they are live...???

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
All in all, it just boils down to personal opinion. Obviously not everybody is going to like this band, and I wouldn't expect anybody to. The satisfaction of getting a thread up for people to see it, and have possible interest is enough for me. Sure, maybe they do sound generic, and sure...maybe they are unoriginal, but...they're a band I like nonetheless and that's all that matters. :grinthumb

As for the vocalist (I think I saw a few comments about that), I think his voice is good for what it's worth. He's a lot better than an alternative crappy vocalist would sound.

And to magic's comment, I have heard mixed things, but here's a live version of Here Without You, I quite like it:

Last edited:

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
I enjoy listening to them if there on the radio or something, used to listen to them a little when I was younger.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
They've got a new album coming this year:

Official Track Listing -

1. "Time of My Life"
2. "When You're Young"
3. "Round and Round"
4. "Heaven"
5. "Race for the Sun"
6. "Back to Me"
7. "Every Time You Go"