3 Doors Down: American Rock

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

3 Doors Down
Rock

Another one of the few bands I still listen to to this day. This, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and All American Rejects fall under the same category. This band was one I turned to when I just needed to think about everything and let my smile form itself.

3_doors_down.jpg

3+doors+down.jpg

Members:
Brad Arnold
Matt Roberts
Todd Harrell
Chris Henderson
Greg Upchurch

Discography:
The Better Life (2000)
Away from the Sun (2002)
Seventeen Days (2005)
3 Doors Down (2008)
Time of My Life (2011)

Here Without You and Kryptonite were both the first songs I ever heard from this band, and I instantly became a fan.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Not a bad band P&C but if I'm honest I think they have Nickelback disease and every song tends to feel the same. I have a couple of their albums but never seem to find anything that beats their singles. I do like their radio ballads though! :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Not a bad band P&C but if I'm honest I think they have Nickelback disease and every song tends to feel the same. I have a couple of their albums but never seem to find anything that beats their singles. I do like their radio ballads though! :grinthumb

DING, DING, DING! I was seriously just about to say the same thing. I can't think of one song of theirs that sounds original.

Sorry Primey! :uh:

But I still kinda like Here Without You. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
DING, DING, DING! I was seriously just about to say the same thing. I can't think of one song of theirs that sounds original.

Sorry Primey! :uh:

But I still kinda like Here Without You. :grinthumb

To be fair to Prime Optimus I think most of those pop rock bands like Matchbox 20 are overrated and generic. They do produce some good tracks and I understand the appeal though. This is another good 3 Doors Down track:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
To be fair to Prime Optimus I think most of those pop rock bands like Matchbox 20 are overrated and generic. They do produce some good tracks and I understand the appeal though. This is another good 3 Doors Down track:

Everytime I hear that song it reminds me of American Pie 2 when he bops that kid in the face with the trombone and snatches up his band geek lady love at the end. :heheh:

This was actually one of the first songs I uploaded to my very first iPod back in '05. I played it to death though and got sick of it. It's so-so to me now. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Everytime I hear that song it reminds me of American Pie 2 when he bops that kid in the face with the trombone and snatches up his band geek lady love at the end. :heheh:

This was actually one of the first songs I uploaded to my very first iPod back in '05. I played it to death though and got sick of it. It's so-so to me now. :grinthumb

I already have a feeling of Deja Vu just from these songs! Make 3 Doors Down heavier and you've got the other culprit, AC/DC! :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What is it with everyone and the "Nickelback" disease! I don't understand that. I do know one thing, though, when you hear a 3 Doors Down song, you know what band it is, they have their own sound/formula and have stuck to it, which is probably why some people think they are boring.

I like 3 Doors Down. Kryptonite was a big hit, but unfortunately, got too much radio time, and to some people that is a type of death..................

I have 3 of their CD's :

A Better Life
Away From the Sun
3 Doors Down

Train

^^A heavy hitter, with a deep grunge sound (I happen to like the deep grungy wall of guitars)

These Days

^^Excellent break-up song.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I already have a feeling of Deja Vu just from these songs! Make 3 Doors Down heavier and you've got the other culprit, AC/DC! :D

:omg::omg::omg:

GET OUTTA MY HEAD!

Seriously, I was going to mention AC/DC and how 3DD was like the "softer" version of them.

Cray cray!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
:omg::omg::omg:

GET OUTTA MY HEAD!

Seriously, I was going to mention AC/DC and how 3DD was like the "softer" version of them.

Cray cray!

Your ugly chick is pointing at me! :tongue:

@Magic, people do that with bands all the time and it doesn't matter. When you like the formula you like the formula. I have bands like that but I like them for a great vocal or some other element. I just don't like enough of 3DD music to get excited about them and the vocalist is kind of mid range. Nice tone but nothing stellar. Not enough grit for me either. I guess I'm too ADD for 3DD! :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online