2010 R&R Hall of Fame Inductees, bit of a let down

The Roach

The Beatdown
Reaction score
The latest on 2010s inductees. Now I really am happy to hear such bands as The Stooges, The Hollies and Genesis being inducted as all three are quite deserving of it but ABBA ?????
Come on ! ABBA !!! Can someone please clue me in as to how Dancing Queen or Waterloo made such a profound impact on rock and roll?
Ozzy Osbourne did not even get a passing thought though his mark on rock and roll, heavy metal and the music industry in general has helped shape the genre today.
To me he is as much a music icon as Elvis and James Brown and Jimi Hendrix and its pretty much a slap in the face for him not to be inducted again this year.
:bow::bow::metal: Ozzy ! :metal::bow::bow:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Roach.. I'm sure you know the RRHF is motivated these days' by string pullers..
Check me if I'm wrong on that comment..:cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not surprising really Metal always seems to get the short end of the stick no matter how many fans love the bands and the music.

Not a big fan of any of these "Awards" as a rule, they'll probably get around to Ozzy when he is in a wheelchair, like the Academy Awards does for Actors/Actresses they know have been snubbed earlier in their careers.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The Stooges made it in this time?! Iggy Pop is finally getting inducted?! Oh lordy lordy what happy days!

The Roach

The Beatdown
Reaction score
Roach.. I'm sure you know the RRHF is motivated these days' by string pullers..
Check me if I'm wrong on that comment..:cheers:
So true ,, how else could ABBA of all "bands" get inducted. I just feel the snubbing they commit to some really deserving bands/performers is a bit blatant.

The Roach

The Beatdown
Reaction score
Not surprising really Metal always seems to get the short end of the stick no matter how many fans love the bands and the music.

Not a big fan of any of these "Awards" as a rule, they'll probably get around to Ozzy when he is in a wheelchair, like the Academy Awards does for Actors/Actresses they know have been snubbed earlier in their careers.

I only wish that they at least get around to inducting him while he can enjoy it some. Despite some of the crap and the label the press has put on him in the past he is one hell of a person and more than deserving of induction

F

FoxyPage

???

ABBA were very popular. I don't see why they shouldn't go in.....If anything, the Ozzy snub is the most shocking but not really shocking that ABBA made it in.

Ozzy is awesome.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online