2 new Rolling Stones DVDs on the way

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ROLLING STONES DVDS
This news is brought to you by VH1 Radio's Dave Basner

Later this year, the Rolling Stones will re-release a pair of DVDs. First up is Stones in Exile, the story of the making of the band’s classic 1972 album, Exile on Main Street. That record is due to be re-issued in May with the DVD coming out in June along with bonus material. The other disc seeing a release is a fully restored version of the group’s 1972 concert film Ladies and Gentlemen…The Rolling Stones. That hits shelves in the fall.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Stones release a quality CD of their performances in the sixties from TV shows like the Ed Sullivan Shoe, Shindig, Ready Steady Go, and Top of the Pops together with the video clips they made to promote singles releases such as "We Love You", "Jumpin' Jack Flash", "Child of the Moon" and "2000 Light Years from Home". I don't believe any of these have seen official CD release.

:guitar:

Last edited:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Awesome News!!!

''Ladies and Gentlemen'' it's about time.

Looking forward to both DVDs!

:nana:
I'd like to see the Stones release a quality CD of their performances in the sixties from TV shows like the Ed Sullivan Shoe, Shindig, Ready Steady Go, and Top of the Pops together with the video clips they made to promote singles releases such as "We Love You", "Jumpin' Jack Flash", "Child of the Moon" and "200 Light Years from Home". I don't believe any of these have seen official CD release.

You and me both, my Rolling Stoned friend!

:cheers:

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
It's about time L&GTRS gets the official DVD treatment. I was fortunate to see it once at the local art cinema in the 80's. Tremendous concert footage of the Stones. That's kind of a must-have DVD.

Speaking of Stones footage, The legendary T.A.M.I Show, 1964, will be released on DVD later this month. The Stones appear on the bill along with other giants - Beach Boys, Marvin Gaye, Jan And Dean, James Brown And The Flames, etc. I'm looking forward to that. Nuthin' finer than gazing at nice and crispy B/W live band footage and decent sound!:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online