1984: Reckless or Born in the U.S.A.?

Reckless or Born in the U.S.A.?

• Bruce Springsteen's Born in the U.S.A.

• Bryan Adams' Reckless

Results are only viewable after voting.

nichodido

Reaction score
Both albums hit the charts with a half a dozen hits on each across 1984 and 1985. Reckless had 6 top 15 hits on the Billboard Hot 100. Born in the U.S.A. had 7 top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100. Obviously, and without a doubt, both albums went to number 1 in the U.S. Now here's the question, which would you prefer?

Reckless includes fan favorites like "Summer Of '69", "Run to You", and "Heaven"... Hard rockin' songs like "Somebody"... the phenomenal album opener, "One Night Love Affair"... and a duo with a female rockstar icon Tina Turner, the song being "It's Only Love". Die-hard fans may know deep tracks like "She's Only Happy When She's Dancin'", "Kids Wanna Rock", "Long Gone", and a surprising ending to this song and album with "Ain't Gonna Cry".

Born in the U.S.A. is a heartland rock album that includes rock radio staples like "Born in the U.S.A.", "Glory Days", and "Dancing in the Dark"... Uniquely with this album, right before you would end a side on the album (either side A or B), you would get a slow-moving soft rock "ballad" like "I'm On Fire" (side A), and sometimes the forgotten #6 billboard topping hit off the album, "My Hometown" (side B). Also more album favorites like "Cover Me" and "I'm Goin' Down". Die-hard fans might know hidden tracks such as "Darlington County", "Working On The Highway", "Downbound Train", "No Surrender", and "Bobby Jean".

These two from 1984 can be a real ball-buster of a choice. My choice is Reckless. Let's see what you and your peers say about these two.

Last edited:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Reckless.

220px-Bryan_Adams_-_Reckless.jpg

While BITUSA is my favorite Bruce album, that's not saying much since I"m not a fan of his (outside of just a couple of songs). God, I remember when that album came out, 12 songs and over the period of a good 18-24 months, it seems that every single song was released as a single (I know they weren't ALL singles, but every F'ing one got played on the radio). 3 songs off of that album that I liked or kind of liked. The rest falls in line with almost the rest of Bruce's catalog, which is quite skippable. Just my opinion. Will take the worst of Reckless over the best of BITUSA.

Bruce's incessent yapping about politics over the years definitely has played into my major dislike of the dude. You're an entertainer, entertain and then STFU! (that goes for any entertainer that can't seem to shut their clam hole over the state of affairs that they don't know diddly shit about).

Frands

Reaction score
Hmmm, Bruce Springsteen's album Born in The Usa is a very good album, and I like it very much! But I have to go with Bryan Adams in this matter because Bryan's music style is alot more happier and positive and also imho there's more 'coal on the fire' on Bryan's albums.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Bryan Adams over Bruce? I like some Bryan Adams songs, but come on. They are in two different leagues.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online