1979 Was Fine!

darklands

everything's broken, and my Stacys are soaking wet
Reaction score
Best music year ever! [I know - I'm sure it isn't, but i was 16 that year!]
After a quick refresher on Wikipedia, these were my go-to albums that year [I know, not all so cool and my taste has changed (a bit) since]:

Boomtown Rats - Fine Art of Surfacing (Someone's Lookin' at You, Diamond Smiles and Don't Like Mondays!!) [along with Rat Trap, the best run of four singles ever!! (IMO: please feel free to disagree)
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Queen - Live Killers
UFO - Strangers in the Night
- need I continue....?
Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door (I still like it, even if it's not so highly rated by afficionados)
Rickie Lee Jones - wonderful album (a bit off-kilter with the rest)
Rainbow - Down to Earth (think Graham is a bit under-rated on this album [first concert - Rainbow at Deeside Ice rink, supported by Saxon]) [only saw the last two Saxon songs cos of the queue - but one was 747 (Strangers in the night)
R.E.O. Speedwagon - Nine Lives - tennis racket was well used 'playing' to this! Only the Strong Survive and Easy Money (loved the monket intro at full vol!) (quite liked Hi-Infidelity, but after that they got too wussy!)
Bad Company - Desolation Angels - totally cool!
Supertramp - Breakfast in America (sitting out on campsite in France listening to Goodbye Stranger, Van Halen - Running with the Devil & Beatles - Get Back on some Dutch kid's tape)
Gillan - Mr. Universe (dead heavy at the time, though with quieter moments, probably courtesy of Towns?)
Scorpions - Lovedrive (their best album; for me, they'd lost it by Blackout - tho i saw them on that tour and keep listening to them [in the hope!]). Then there was that cover to Animal Magnetism....!
Tom Petty - Damn the Torpedoes (hitching round France with this playing on a [heavy!] cassette player in rucksack [for me, his best, along with Southern accents]
ABBA - Greatest Hits II! - got to be honest!
Cheap Trick at Budokan - Clock Strikes 10!

Also in heavy rotation that year [though released earlier]: Mott the Hoople (Greatest Hits), The Doors, Rush - Hemispheres, Boston (first two albums), Springsteen - Born to Run, Eagles - Hotel California

Wish I'd have known then how good life was (then)!

Singles to follow - maybe too many!

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
^Told Ya !
Played the ass off this album - it was cool.
Just who Bones was , on backing vocals..i have yet to discover..however i had found amil nytrate and it was all the good times☆
Bad Company - Rock n Roll Fantasy.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Great stuff from up North was emerging..
Simple Minds first appeared on the scene with a polished synth type offering.
( who didn't buy a wasp at this time?)
Simple Minds - Life In A Day.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Having left Art College - bored and broke..i buggered off to Rotterdam - but my trusty Bush tapeplayer joined me:
Here they are:
Spizz Energi - Where's Captain Kirk.
Later they were - Athletico Spizzoil, Spizz 80.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Before Branson became a twat..some crucial tunes were on Virgin...do recall passing the chalice to this bong classic.
The Mighty Diamonds - 4000 Years.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online