Zombies Rocker Rod Argent Thrilled Eminem Sampled "Time of the Season"

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
RttNews.com

BMI+London+Awards+2010+IdgTw_rPLj2l.jpg

Zombies rocker Rod Argent says he is thrilled that Eminem sampled the band'***** "Time of the Season" for his cut "Rhyme and Reason." Speaking with Rolling Stone, Argent explained that he loves Em's use of the track:

"I actually loved it. I loved the way he takes words and phrases from the original record and then spins off of the particular phrases," he began.

"It kicks him off onto an avalanche of funny wordplay and invention. It's very amusing. It's a waterfall of words, and the associations just keep coming."

Argent adds that he jumped at the chance to license his track to Em:

"I was supportive of the idea because I like things done in an inventive and creative way. I was excited when I heard he wanted to use it because I knew it would be a completely different spin on the song and it would turn into something else."

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I will never go along with 'sampling' period...one of the worst things to happen to music in history along with lip-synching and auto tune.

But I am a dinosaur sinking into the primordial ooze so younger people won't care about writing/creating something of their very own, belting out a live song without gadgetry so why bother creating your own stuff just 'borrow' from someone else and save time and energy.

Chances I will get Eminem's new album...there is no scale/percentage low enough to reflect how little interest I have.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online