Youth Group

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread for this group apart from some This Group Vs That Group kind of thing, so I'll start one for them here. :tongue:

I don't know a lot about this group, but there's a bit of information about them on Wikipedia, so I guess that's as good as place to start reading about them.

The basic nuts and bolts about the band suggests they formed in the Mid-90s, are Australian, Wikipedia suggests they came from Sydney, though another site (think it was on this YouTube Video) had Canberra, so I don't know who to believe since I don't know where Newtown is (sounds like a Sydney Suburb).

Anyway I've started this thread up because for years their Big Break Song which is a cover of Alphaville's "Forever Young" lead me to search for it. I've listened to the Alphaville song just today, but years ago I listened to it and was struggling with it because I knew it was a different version and sounded a bit punchier. The funny thing was I was hearing the Youth Group cover in 2006 which is when that came out, but people well telling me it was an old song by Alphaville and didn't realise that I was hearing the Youth Group cover, which I seem to appreciate more than the Alphaville original (sorry). Anyway I hope other people enjoy it. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online