Your Top 5 Favorite Bands

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Top ten!

1. Gong and the Gong Family - over 100 albums of great music crossing many genre
2. The Beatles - every one of their albums had several great songs.
3. Pink Floyd - space rock heaven!
4. Bob Dylan - the master of folk rock!
5. Tori Amos - The Queen bee of piano singer/songwriter
6. King Crimson - prog heaven, top musicians and ever changing band and sound with King Fripp as the only constant
7. Genesis - From the Peter days thru the early phil years too many perfect and near perfect albums
8. Grateful Dead - the only real jam band! Never knew what you would get live.
9. Neil Young - tops of live records and a cool attitude!
10. Radiohead - kings of modern rock live concert!

Tori would be my number two but I never know if solo artist fit into these! :tongue: I know they tour with bands and work with people but I don't know if they technically fit under bands! :think: I'm not questioning your validity but how does one approach that?

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Tori would be my number two but I never know if solo artist fit into these! :tongue: I know they tour with bands and work with people but I don't know if they technically fit under bands! :think: I'm not questioning your validity but how does one approach that?

I always ignore the solo artist isn't a band complain. As far as I'm concerned if a musician puts out several great albums they are an artist that deserves the same credit as a band. Dylan, Tori, David Bowie, PJ Harvey, Bjork
all great artists I consider up there with any band!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I always ignore the solo artist isn't a band complain. As far as I'm concerned if a musician puts out several great albums they are an artist that deserves the same credit as a band.

I feel she deserves the same credit by far. I think I find a name your favorite music artist list much more fulfilling! :grinthumb

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Been pondering this for a few days already. Impossible to narrow it down to only 5 bands/artists, but for today, my favourite bands are
1. URIAH HEEP
2. Dream Theater
3. Lighthouse
4. Genesis
and coming in tied at 5th place would be Yes, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Camel, Wishbone Ash, Roy Harper, Tori Amos, Bob Dylan, Shawn Phillips, Rodriguez, Deep Purple, Caravan, Golden Earring, Thin Lizzy, Traffic, Rory Gallagher, Neil Young, Supertramp, Strawbs, Heart, The Doors, Little Feat, Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span, Cat Stevens, Bob Seger, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Renaissance, Radiohead, Queen, REM, ....

IMPOSSIBLE to choose. A different band for each mood I suppose:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online