Your favorite Live Show You Have Attended

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
GWAR puts on one of the best live shows especially if it is at a relatively small club, but my favorite live show would be Dave Matthews Band. Dave is always on key when i see him. I am seen them 6 times now and counting. Dave is a local legend being originally from the Norfolk, Virginia area. So many thirty somethings claim to have gone to high school with him. When he comes to town yearly at the Nissan Pavillion which is located at the beginning of I-66 which is one of the worst Interstates as far as traffic goes, but when Dave comes people are known to be stuck in traffic for 6 hours just to get into the venue.
Not to mention the uniqe essamble of instruments that DMB has makes for a great live show.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I have been to so many concerts over the years, I don't know how I could rank them.

Probably my all-time favorite concert would be Def Leppard during the Hysteria tour. Great concert, but it was made better by the person I was there with. Not sure if that's a proper measuring tool or not.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
I have been to so many concerts over the years, I don't know how I could rank them.

Probably my all-time favorite concert would be Def Leppard during the Hysteria tour. Great concert, but it was made better by the person I was there with. Not sure if that's a proper measuring tool or not.

Oh it definitely can be

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
Radiohead on their recent tour for In Rainbows. i saw them up in Washington in August of '08 and the whole experience was amazing. those guys put on one hell of a show and played some of my favorite songs by them

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Probably my all-time favorite concert would be Def Leppard during the Hysteria tour.

I saw Def Leppard on tour with Styx a few summers ago and I wasn't really all that wowed...Maybe it's that they're older now....:confused:

The best live show I have ever had the pleasure of seeing was that of Alice Cooper for one simple reason....Alice has the best live show on the planet.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I saw Def Leppard on the Pyromania Tour, Hysteria (a couple of times) and the two tours that followed. They always put on a good show, but again, that was 25 years ago for the first one, and 22 yrs ago for the hysteria concerts. Maybe if you get a chance (assuming you like Def Lepp) check out the DVD/Video called Live In the Round. I"m not going to say it'll change your mind, but maybe a different perspective from what you saw in more recent years.

(also, take into account that the overall concert experience for me was the best because i was with the love of my life at that point in time. It was her first non-country music concert and she loved it. The pre-concert, concert and post concert 'festivities' play into it being such a great day and night)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well....I wanted to see Styx much more than Def Leppard and they came on second (which looking back on it I'm not really sure why since Def Lep is a much bigger band) so....yeah....Honestly I'm not all that big of a Def Lep fan. I mean I like some of their stuff but I think they're not as good as where their reputation in the 80's puts them.

Well I'm not knocking why you enjoyed the concert so much. I'm just saying that I dunno if it was an off day or if it's that they're getting on in years or if it's just that I'm not really a big enough fan of Def Lep to have really enjoyed their show. I dunno...

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Too many shows to mention, however I went to see Simon & Garfunkel in Sweded and the Everly Brothers came on too, now that was a show !! I also managed to catch the ramones 3 times and they were one of a kind. Long Live Joey Ramone !!!:cheers:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Salmacis said:
Very unfortunately, I've only been to a fingerful of concerts...But my favourite would be Sarah Blasko in October 2009. She was absolutely stunning, and the dress she wore was one of the most creative I've ever seen. It was like Mission Impossible in poetry :lmao:

I was second row dead in front, and I was thankful for my height, being able to see over the person in front of me! She played for 2 hours, and my favourites were Down On Love, No Turning Back, Bird On A Wire and Hammer. The latter sounds a million times better live. Truly fantastic!

From the old thread :tongue:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online