Your cutout bin experiences

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I know what you mean Sooty, about seven years ago when I was shopping for groceries at Safeway, they had a bin filled willy nilly with CD's just thrown in a heap, but on the top was a copy of Styx's "The Grand Illusion", which I didn't have yet, so I picked it up, browsed through the rest and picked up a couple more, "Love Over Gold" by Dire Straits and an Abba's Greatest Hits compilation, all for 5 bucks. CD's will still about 15-20 dollars back then so I thought it was a great deal.

That is the only time in my life I have ever bought music in a grocery store...but the cases were perfect, not one hole drilled in them anywhere...which suits me just fine.:rock:

Nice! My friend is the expert at finding deals and being a scavenger and I've picked it up from him. On the other hand the tiniest hole bothers him while I couldn't care less! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Two albums I remember buying are by City Boy-Book Early and Fotomaker.I think I bought them in the early 80s.

Holy Smokes Fever another fan of City Boy...I was going to write a thread for them one of these days, but I didn't think there were any other fans left in the world besides myself.:tup:

At least I hope you like them.

Fever

Reaction score
Holy Smokes Fever another fan of City Boy...I was going to write a thread for them one of these days, but I didn't think there were any other fans left in the world besides myself.:tup:

At least I hope you like them.

I do like them but haven't heard them in years.I know Mike Slamer went on to form a band called Seventh Key.I have both of their cds.Also in that band is Kansas bass player Billy Greer.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I went in reverse order with City Boy, the first album I bought was "Heads Are Rolling", and worked my way back to the beginning. I only have that one and "Earth's On Fire" on CD the others are just MP3 albums. A very good little known band I always felt.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have found deals at Dollar General, Kroger, Walmart, Target, Odd Lots/Big Lots, and even at the drug store, but I have never seen any holes drilled in the CD's. (or maybe I didn't notice them)

That makes me curious, I am going to look through all my CD's and see if I do have any cutouts. I am pretty sure none of my vinyl has cutouts.......

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online