XYZ-Another good unknown band

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
These guys are a good band. I completely missed them in the 80's, however I connected with them during my stint as a radio dj from 1998-2007.

The lead singer is named Terry Ilous and he is a really nice guy. I contacted the band by email around 2002 about getting some music for my local hair metal radio show. Had to contact them directly since they weren't affiliated with a label.

Terry replied back to me personally and over the course of a few mailings, he hooked me up with "current" product, which included a new XYZ studio album, a compilation of old XYZ music (mostly live/demo/rerecorded versions) and a solo album he had just completed.

Terry and I stayed in contact by email until I got out of the radio biz, he was always very friendly and thankful for the airplay I was giving him. Before sending the above cd's to me, he also personally autographed them for me. I still have them in my music collection. While I was still on air, I supported them with airplay the best that I could.

So as a result of the lead singer's hospitality to a small-time rock dj near the bottom of the broadcasting food chain, I've got NOTHING but good things to say about XYZ.

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Great Band. I have owned there albums for years. But they totally slipped my mind. Til I ran across this thread. Need to blow the dust of the Self Titled & Hungry & give them a listen

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online