Would RHCP be better without Anthony Kedis?

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I only have one of their albums - By The Way. I think Anthony Kiedis is a good frontman - lots of personality and presence and don't mind his voice. The thing that puts me off the Chili Peppers is when he starts rapping - can't be doing with that.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You summed up my feelings as well Tracey, I just don't enjoy any band that incorporates rap into their rock/metal music, seeing I don't like it in it's pure form no surprise. It is one of the few genres of music I don't like at all.:nw:

PizzaFace

Not a Noob, I SWEAR!
Reaction score
Anothny Kedis is he a replaceable member for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. IMO Flea, John Frusciante, and Flea are as good as a bassit,guitarist and drummer you get in one band outside of prog rock. Anthony Kedis has an almost painfully flat voice when he sings. When i think about the flatness of his voice is what give some of the RHCP songs a hook. Then i think well what if you put a Brandon Boyd as a replacement with the all star lineup that is flea, fruscianted, and smith. What are your opinions on this topic?

interesting question posed, but sometimes a frontman brings a creativity to a band that isn't noticed in just his singing voice,

Brandon Boyd? are you serious, guy is a better singer, but his song writing blows and from all accounts he is one of those pretentious acid heads, not a good replacement for any band as big as RHCP

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I've thought about this thread quite a bit and I don't get the rap criticism because I own everything from Blood Sugar Sex Magik and I really don't hear anything on it that sounds like rap to my ears. If anything they are more funk influenced than anything and I hear that greatly. There may be some rhythmic verses but they are pretty much sung out. I get not liking a group but I just don't get the rap connection here. Anyway, to answer the original question, they aren't the Red Hot Chili Peppers without Anthony. I don't think any other vocalist would understand what makes the band work.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online