Worst Metal Albums?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The VERY first thing that comes to mind is this piece of shit album

Metallica - St Anger (2003)

220px-Metallica_-_St._Anger_cover.jpg

Aside from lack of solos and even with the truly average songwriting (compared to everything in their past), Metallica let this shit get recorded with quite possibly the cheapest and most shitty drum sound I have EVER heard on a metal album. Piss poor.

larsdrums.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I thought I lost it at one point. Something I've been keeping in one of my picture directories for years, but suddenly one day a while I ago I wanted to use it when I was bitching about Lars for something (I've got a list) and I couldn't find it.

I scoured the net for a while and couldn't find another copy of it with the searches I was doing. Eventually I found the image again on a different hard drive. Now I have about 10 copies so I NEVER lose it.

like you said, it "NEVER gets old" :heheh:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Green Jelly/Jello had a hit single and video with 3 Little Pigs but everything else on their Cereal Killer album was rubbish. Same thing with their follow-up record (333) which had a grand total of one good song.

For them, their whole shtick happened to revolve around being a terrible band. So they certainly weren't fighting to be taken seriously.

Otherwise Skid Row Subhuman Race and LA Guns: American Hardcore are my candidates. Skid Row decided to stop writing accessible songs with hooks and melody. LA Guns chose to recruit a new lead singer and attempt to mine a sound along the lines of Pantera, when their career was previously built around doing 80's rock.

Iron Maiden: Virtual XI is also one I'd consider including. The songs are good overall, but Blaze Bayley's vocals are definitely an acquired taste. Sometimes I can tolerate them but otherwise they make that record difficult to listen to.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

:oyea:What the **** were they thinking actually deciding this was album worthy?

What are some of the worst metal albums you listened to?
To name some

• Illud Divinum Insanus by Morbid Angel
  • Lulu by Metallica and Lou Reed
  • Misery Wizard by Pilgrim
  • Educated Horses by Rob Zombie
  • In Torment In Hell by Deicide
  • Lunar Strain by In Flames
  • Sworn to a Great Divide by Soilwork
To add to my list is this piece of unspired crap by The Haunted. Sounds so boring, dull, repetitive and a blatantly crappy version of Tool.
41FQW94yllL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My list has definitely changed since my last reply. One I want to add after tonight. Cryptopsy The Unspoken King.

The riffs were extremely boring, the structures even for a deathcore/ death metal experiment were really repetitive, the solos were incredibly sterile and weak. The music overall lacked inspiration and real energy. A really abysmal effort from this band. The only thing I liked was the harsh vocals in some portions, they were really decent but the music itself was the biggest factor in why this album is so pathetic. Experimentation is to be respected but only if it goes well. This one did not, I really hope their new album is a return to death metal and that this one was their St Anger of their discography.

As for albums like St Anger that sits pretty high but Metallica have since done some decent material. Cryptopsy and Morbid Angel still have some serious regaining of fanbases to do.

Pilgrim Misery Wizard is simply just a very boring and dull doom album. Too slow and was repetitive.

E-Z

Reaction score
Every "song" (i use the word song loosely??) ever written and performed by Yngwie Malmsteen (Swedish guitar virtuoso and hero to some?).

Unfortunately for Yngwie the poor guy couldn't write a decent song if his life depended on it!!.

His first album on Polydor records in 1984 called RISING FORCE was choc-full of "god-awful tuneless songs" which only got worse with succeeding albums!!.

Having said all that i do infact own about 6-7 of his albums BUT don't play them to often. :tongue:

E-Z

Reaction score
The "spoof metal band" BAD NEWS album BAD NEWS is a load of s**t quite frankly. :mad

Ok i know it's a "joke band and there joke album" but there is a limit to wot is acceptable to buy as a payed up METALHEAD. :D

Track titles like-O'LEVELS, WE HAVEN'T RECORDED ANYTHING YET, WOT ARE YOU GONNA WEAR FOR TOP OF THE POPS?, DRINK TILL I DIE, MAYBE WE SHOULD PLUG THE GUITARS IN? and MASTURBIKE sound as awful as the titles are!!. :wank:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbaraTal

Staff online

Members online