Woodstock!

thatonefunkkid

Reaction score
I'm doing a college project for a Folklore class on the 1969 Woodstock Festival, and I'm looking for some help!

I'm only 18 and (unfortunately) I was not alive when the festival first took place. However, some personal accounts from people that were there will definitely help my project! If you were at Woodstock, or know someone that was there, it would greatly help if you could share some of your stories with me. You can remain completely anonymous if I choose to use your responses in the project.

Alternatively, filling out this short survey about the festival and the '60s music scene would help bunches.

Woodstock Survey

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided!
250px-Woodstock_poster.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Can't help you with that I was way too young to attend Woodstock and no one I know was there either.

gguerra

Reaction score
I would suggest watching the original movie/documentary to start with..

There are many internet articles on the subject.. Here is one with links to more..

http://history1900s.about.com/od/1960s/p/woodstock.htm

Google is your best friend.

Finding people that attended and are on the internet will be difficult. Keep in mind that if people were 18 in 1969 that would make them 62 years old today..

There was another newer movie that although not a documentary may provide some more info on it that may help. Taking Woodstock (2009) - IMDb

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Hi Onefunkkid!If you ever want to do a paper on the counterculture of the 1960's in general,go over to the official website of the great psychedelic band Strawberry Alarm Clock,where you can cyber chat with the band members.They'll answer any and all questions you could possibly have in store.First of all,take a piece of advice I once took from them.DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE IN THE MOVIES OR ON TV!

thatonefunkkid

Reaction score
I would suggest watching the original movie/documentary to start with..

There are many internet articles on the subject.. Here is one with links to more..

Woodstock - A History of the Woodstock Festival of 1969

Google is your best friend.

Finding people that attended and are on the internet will be difficult. Keep in mind that if people were 18 in 1969 that would make them 62 years old today..

There was another newer movie that although not a documentary may provide some more info on it that may help. Taking Woodstock (2009) - IMDb

I have seen the film and done lots of book research and research on Google. However, a field work component must be present in my project, meaning I have to obtain some information from people directly, versus taking personal accounts from the internet. The research is mostly complete, but the field work is something that I still need to further work on. I appreciate your help though!

Hi Onefunkkid!If you ever want to do a paper on the counterculture of the 1960's in general,go over to the official website of the great psychedelic band Strawberry Alarm Clock,where you can cyber chat with the band members.They'll answer any and all questions you could possibly have in store.First of all,take a piece of advice I once took from them.DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE IN THE MOVIES OR ON TV!

Okay! Thanks, I will definitely check that out!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online