Who is your favorite Scottish music artist or band?

nwobhm

Reaction score
i came across the porridge men

sort of cross with part rock and bagpipes and drum, unusual mix but cool:)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Jocelyn Square by James Grant and Love & Money must be one of the best records by a Scottish band that isn't Nazareth or SAHB. It's from Strange Kind of Love (1988) produced by Gary Katz,

Vi-o-lently by Hue and Cry. The lead singer has a really good voice:

Dave Flett with Manfred Mann's Earth Band. I am not sure why his tenure with Thin Lizzy dd not work out:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would go with AC/DC (Bon Scott, Angus & Malcolm Young were born in Scotland). If you don't count them then Garbage (Shirley Manson is Scottish). Then again Shirley is the only Scottish member of the band so I guess if it comes down to my third pick then Rod Stewart.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
One of the finest songs from the 90s....an artist surprisingly not mentioned yet Scotlands finest Edwyn Collins. His old band ORANGE JUICE were pretty good too

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Another top notch Scottish band not been mentioned yet were THE ASSOCIATES. Fondly remembered for a few synth pop hits in the 1980s.".like party fears two". I own a couple of their albums. "Sulk" being an absolute classic !:grinthumb Their music was far more experimental than the commercial singles.
Vocalist Billy Mackenzie had an amazing voice !! Very operatic...
Sadly, he died in 1997 [suicide] so greatly missed

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Staff online

Members online