Who are your biggest influences?

Archon

Reaction score
As a drummer my inspirations are Mitch Mitchell(nice jazz beats put in rock songs) and Keith Moon.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
My main influences on drumming are Neil Peart and Ringo Starr, with a little splash of keith moon

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
here are most of my drumming influences.

no order

Bill Ward
John Bonham
Mitch Mitchell
Ringo
Dave Lombardo
Lars Ulrich
Nick Menza
Gar Samuelson
Mike Portnoy
Igor Cavalera
Brad Wilk
Dave Grohl
Danny Carey
Jimmy Chamberlain
Stewart Copeland
Brann Dailor
Chris Adler
Vinnie Paul
Steve Shelley
Chad Smith
Jack Irons
Matt Cameron
Keith Moon
Byron McMackin

monkeesfan1967

Reaction score
My influences on guitar are mostly that of Pete Townshend, Jim Morrison, Eric Clapton, Steve Jones, Robby Krieger, John Lennon, Roger McGuinn, George Harrison, and Derek Leckenby, who is a really underrated guitarist.

My influences singing wise are mainly Roger Daltrey, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Gene Clark, Roger McGuinn, Peter Noone, Johnny Rotten, Eddie Cochran, Jack Bruce, Eric Clapton, Bon Scott, Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, Davy Jones, The Beach Boys, The Byrds, and The Association's vocal styles, Allan Clarke, Graham Nash, and lately, Iggy Pop.

My influences on bass whenever I play are Paul McCartney, Jack Bruce, and John Entwistle.

My influences on drums whenever I play are Keith Moon, Paul Cook, Ringo Starr, John Densmore, Ginger Baker, Phil Rudd, and Bobby Elliot.

rtbuck

Reaction score
It's weird for me...I'm nowhere near a musician right now because at the young age of 47 I finally began taking lessons a few months ago! I have no idea why I never learned guitar especially with my love for music. It was probably due to lack of self confidence & thinking I'd never be able to play.

Anyway, I would have thought bands like Kiss & Alice Cooper would be my big influences but actually what I want really get down & learn (Which I'm working on ) would be this style of music:

Pipeline (Chantays;Johnny Thunders)
Rumble (Link Wray)
Green Onions (Booker T & the MG's)
The Way I Walk (Robert Gordon & Link Wray)
I Can Tell (Bo Diddley)
Pills (Bo Diddley; NY Dolls)
Something Else (Eddie Cochran)
Shaking All Over (Johnny Kidd & the Pirates)
Little Queenie (Chuck Berry; Stones)
Let it Rock (Chuck Berry)
Around & Around (Chuck Berry; Stones)
Johnny B. Goode (Chuck Berry)
Brand New Cadillac (Vince Taylor)
Bright Lights Big City (Jimmy Reed)
Star Star (Stones)
Stepping Stone (Monkees)
Kicks (Paul revere & the Raiders)
I'm Not Talking (Yardbirds)

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
I suppose my influences musically are Robin Pecknold, Jimmy Page, and Bob Dylan. That's all mixed together with the subject matter heavily coated in Hunter S Thompson and John Lennon's philosophy, so the music has to have a sort of 'dark optimism' that is optimistic in itself but is constantly brought down by the reality of the future revealing itself.

So what you have in the end is a folk based happy sound with a darker, angrier, rebellious flip side that is flavored with bluesy rock n roll licks that keep you on your toes.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Hunter S Thompson

He was the man who inspired me to put down the guitar and start writing seriously. :grinthumb

Now that I've started to really come into my own as a writer, I've picked the guitar back up, both because I want to play rock 'n roll, and I find it a valuable writing tool. I'm just a month in, so I can't talk too much about influences, but these are the guys that make me want to play, and whose styles I find the most appealing:

Keith Richards
Chuck Berry
Johnny Thunders
Johnny Ramone
Ron Asheton/James Williamson

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest