Whitesnake (Official Thread)

taha

Reaction score
Re: Whitesnake

loved their vids, forget the girls name, but I saw her on Bachelor Party yesterday, oh my !

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score

I am a huge fan of Slip of the Tongue even though it was post-Sykes when Coverdale went insane and fired his whole band (WTF?), but nothing was better than their "Oh my GOD that is loud!" 1987 eponymous release... Straight for the Heart, Still of the Night, Don't Turn Away, Bad Boys, Children of the Night are the heaviest songs on that rocker showcasing Coverdale/Sykes' finest compositional work of all time. And I really can't get over the meaty drums Dunbar laid down for that tape. My brother and I work out that cassette when we bought it and were floored when we watched Still of the Night performed for the MTV Music Awards. Goodness, you will never see anything that good on MTV ever again. Outside of the late, great RJD, David Coverdale has some of the finest metal vocals I've ever heard... Such range, throaty, raspy, low, high--he did it ALL.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Straight for the Heart, Still of the Night, Don't Turn Away, Bad Boys, Children of the Night are the heaviest songs on that rocker showcasing Coverdale/Sykes' finest compositional work of all time.

You forgot "Crying In The Rain". :D

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score

It was a bluesy rocker, but I did like how it opened that album. I had been listening to Slide It In right before the '87 record came out... So when "Crying in the Rain" started, I was like -WHOA! They turned up the drums and the guitars! And Coverdale's voice is HUGE! Heh, it was an experience that to this day amazes me when I listen to it. The signal effects processing on that record was amazing; the only flaw was the slight bit of tape distortion on Bad Boys.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

My favorite full album from Whitesnake was "Trouble." I'm also one of those fellows who liked the original version of Here I Go Again from "Saints & Sinners" better than the 1987 recording.

So what I've often wondered.....

Robert Plant has went out of his way to bury David Coverdale in interviews numerous times. So how does David being buddies with Jimmy Page and collaborating with Jimmy Page go over with Plant?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I've got 6 Whitesnake albums now...sort of filling in some of the gaps in the library the last while.:D

I'll be playing this one later today, have to admit the cover art looks...intriguing.:grinthumb

ws-3.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online