What's your favorite pre British invasion musician/band?

Frands

Reaction score
I must admit that I don't have any particular favorite artist/band from that time. That because I have always been listening to alot of different genres and styles in several languages and vise versa. I began listening to our own top 20 on the radio back in 1965 I think it was. And off course it was bands and artists like Elvis Presley(Well, it was almost sacrilegious to mention that name in a boy's room at that time...:whistle:),The Hollies, The Dave Clark Five, Gerry & The Pacemakers and all that stuff, and also to mention Johnny Cash, Jim Reeves, Bo Diddly, Dion and Ike & Tina Turner and many others, but I mostly listened to The Shadows, The Dave Clark Five, The Beach Boys and that kind of stuff at that time. The Rolling Stones, The Who and Them and that stuff was later in my story of Rock/Rock 'n' Roll.

Carl Perkins

Reaction score
I must admit that I don't have any particular favorite artist/band from that time. That because I have always been listening to alot of different genres and styles in several languages and vise versa. I began listening to our own top 20 on the radio back in 1965 I think it was. And off course it was bands and artists like Elvis Presley(Well, it was almost sacrilegious to mention that name in a boy's room at that time...:whistle:),The Hollies, The Dave Clark Five, Gerry & The Pacemakers and all that stuff, and also to mention Johnny Cash, Jim Reeves, Bo Diddly, Dion and Ike & Tina Turner and many others, but I mostly listened to The Shadows, The Dave Clark Five, The Beach Boys and that kind of stuff at that time. The Rolling Stones, The Who and Them and that stuff was later in my story of Rock/Rock 'n' Roll.
That's some great music. I'm trying to invite people to join an oldies chat. Would you mind inviting some.

The website http://www.oldiesmusic.com/chat.htm