That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisted.com

STEWART, NICKS TALK ABOUT TOUR
This News Is Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks are hitting the road together for a 16-date co-headlining tour starting next month and now, the pair is discussing the trek. They told RollingStone.com that Rod’s daughters came up with the idea for the show, which will feature Stevie singing solo tunes and Fleetwood Mac classics, followed by Stewart doing his hits and some deep tracks. As for duets, Rod wants to do Stevie’s 1981 collaboration with Don Henley, “Leather and Lace,” while Stevie wants to sing “The First Cut is the Deepest” and “Reason to Believe” with Rod. Get all of Rod and Stevie’s dates at RodStewart.com.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
STEWART TALKS ABOUT REUNITING WITH BECK
This News Is Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Rod Stewart released his Best of the Great American Songbook collection this week, so what’s next for him? It could be new music with Jeff Beck! Rod told Rolling Stone that the pair has been discussing their first LP since the 1969 Jeff Beck Group album Beck-Ola. Stewart said he and Jeff spoke during a lunch in December and that later this month, Beck will record tracks with his band then send them to Rod and the two will go from there. Rod plans to write new songs for the LP as well. Read more at RollingStone.com.

· Beck and Stewart reunited in 1985 for a cover of Curtis Mayfield’s “People Get Ready,” which appeared on Jeff’s album Flash.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think that is a good match, Nicks and Stewart touring together, I am sure they'll work out the details, like taking turns doing the duets the other person wants.:D

Rod back with Jeff...sounds interesting I'll be curious to see what kind of chemistry they have together all these decades later.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I don't have any of his "Songbook"...albums 70's Guy, but I have picked up about 4 of his early albums recently, all Japanese pressings and like his old stuff more now than when it was new.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online