What's going on in here fellow music lovers?

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a musician & lover of great music. One of the first bands that really got me into (playing) music was Nirvana, but I've included thousands of other great bands both newer & "classic" since.:cheers2

Several years back I really got quite into Hard Rock & Heavy Metal bands including Sevendust, Lenny Kravitz, Foo Fighters, The Cult, Opeth, INXS, Fuel, Alice In Chains & multiple others. Nothing against those bands (I still love them all), but I have more recently come upon others, many of which I like even more. I'm certainly into more than just the usual, basic "Rock & Metal only!" listener. Indie Rock, Progressive Rock, Chicano, Gospel, Praise, Blues, Country, Pop, Christian, Big Band, Swing & Jazz are also styles that I enjoy & have several albums from. Jazz (especially by tempting, sultry, talented female musicians) is something that I've REALLY gotten into alot lately. I remember saying in the past that I wanted to play a style incorporating the dark, almost "purple" sound of Jazz & Metal together on Guitar, but I've learned quite a bit since.

This past year though, I've "gone back" (no pun intended) to nearly the whole Neil Young catalog of albums. Sure, I like & respect artists such as The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith & Alice Cooper, but as far as I'm concerned, there are only 2 great artists in popular music that have created the most consistent total in great albums available throughout their whole (as of yet) career. Those 2 artists are Neil Young & Ted Nugent. Period! What's amazing is that they're both in their 60's give or take & they still put on an incredible live show. Ted is truly blazing & I've seen him live 2 times within the past few years. I probally would say the 2nd show was better too, believe it or not.:woot:

Anyways, I highly recommend them both. By the way, my favorite Neil Young albums (amongst others) are:

1. On The Beach (1974).

2. Tonight's The Night (1975).

3. Zuma (1975).

4. Ragged Glory (1990).

These albums are in order of years only, not by my favorite, just incase you were wondering. Obviously my name is Ragged Glory, so...:D

Last edited:

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcoming guys.:) Are any of you into any of the styles and/or bands that I've mentioned especially Neil Young, Ted Nugent & multiple Jazz artists? I'd like to hear back if so.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcoming guys.:) Are any of you into any of the styles and/or bands that I've mentioned especially Neil Young, Ted Nugent & multiple Jazz artists? I'd like to hear back if so.

I like Uncle Ted, well his early albums up to Double Live Gonzo that is.

Jazz...not a huge fan but I like a few artists, George Benson, Keith Jarrett, Gary Burton and a few of the jazz fusion bands as well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online