What's an artist that only you like? (and I mean ONLY you)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
CelineIsTheAntichrist wrote:

I love the picture CP/M! I've never even heard about David Hemmings but I guarantee no one knows my pick either but that's why this thread is here! :grinthumb I don't know if David Hemmings would be liked upon first listen either but if he is you've got the advantage over my pick because I know he's not for most people to listen to! :lmao:

Well lets just say I only found out about David Hemmings because some members from The Byrds got involved and the guy who produced "Happens" was The Byrds Manager (which initally produced The Byrds early preflyte stuff from 1964). I only knew a couple of songs from it "Back Street Mirror" and "Anathea" and thought that the album would have been something like actor "Richard Harris" making a couple of albums with Songwriter/Composer "Jimmy Webb", but "Happens" is a bit more ambitious and goes into the world of experimentation - bit like what "Peter Sellers" did as an actor and make it up as the movie (in particular "Dr Strangelove or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb") went along. There is definitely something evil going on in the head of David Hemmings! :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Egg, the Polite Force. An obscure prog/rock band from England the debut album is really accessible and I have Burned a permanent copy, The Polite Force makes you sit up right away and think...is there something wrong with the CD?...lol.

I have kept it on my HD, and might eventually burn a CD-R but for now I am playing it once a week to see if it grows on me, like some other great albums have done in the past. So I do like it, and am positive almost no one else has even heard of them let alone knows enough about them to dislike them.

Maureen (Moe) Tucker... former Velvet Underground drummer.

Crying Tears by Cuby + The Blizzards

I am the only one now but not for long. The song is so obscure whoever posted it on Youtube called them the Buzzards instead of Blizzards. My favorite Blues song of all time.

LG-I looked up a song by these guys (Contrasong) and call me crazy but I get a huge Doors vibe from them especially with the vocals! I'll post the vid to see if others agree or not!

Mr. Shadow-I liked the listening experience I had with your pick. It was very chill and relaxing and the 7 minutes didn't feel like it dragged like it could with a slower song. I like how she was a former drummer who got to perform her own stuff!

Midnight Rider-Your pick was my favorite and I think it should definitely be more well known!

Ezequiel

Reaction score
eMalahleni, South Africa & Delft, Holland
Crying Tears by Cuby + The Blizzards

I am the only one now but not for long. The song is so obscure whoever posted it on Youtube called them the Buzzards instead of Blizzards. My favorite Blues song of all time.

You're not the only one anymore MR ;) I've loved Cuby since I was a little boy hehe. Seen them perform live about 20 times. Dutch Pride hehe.

I like BOC but unfortunately I'm not the only one. Lord Grendel is my co-BOC addict hehe.

A band I especially like and want to bring to your guys attention is Fever Ray

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
You're not the only one anymore MR ;) I've loved Cuby since I was a little boy hehe. Seen them perform live about 20 times. Dutch Pride hehe.

I like BOC but unfortunately I'm not the only one. Lord Grendel is my co-BOC addict hehe.

A band I especially like and want to bring to your guys attention is Fever Ray

I really like this group. I like groups like Enigma and they kind of remind me of that! I like "Triangle Walks"! It's got a tropical island vibe to it!

F

FoxyPage

Really depends. If we're talking forums, I am a member of a few where I am literally the only Def Leppard fan, lol.

In general....that's tough, I'll have to think about it and go over my list.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Really depends. If we're talking forums, I am a member of a few where I am literally the only Def Leppard fan, lol.

In general....that's tough, I'll have to think about it and go over my list.

How can you be the only Def Leppard fan in any forum? :lmao: Those forums must be elitist ones that hate music with any fun value in it! Looking forward to your list! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Norton Buffalo,,,a session Harmonica player who has released a few solo albums, one of which is a great album. "Loving in the Valley of the Moon", most people have heard him on other peoples records, Steve Miller and the Doobies spring to mind, but I never met anyone else who has a copy of the album I mentioned. I have never seen the CD but I do have my vinyl copy and it is in mint condition, I have made a cassette tape which I play, I don't want to wear my album out. I am not even going to look on Youtube for his stuff, I doubt any of his best songs would be on it anyway.;)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Norton Buffalo,,,a session Harmonica player who has released a few solo albums, one of which is a great album. "Loving in the Valley of the Moon", most people have heard him on other peoples records, Steve Miller and the Doobies spring to mind, but I never met anyone else who has a copy of the album I mentioned. I have never seen the CD but I do have my vinyl copy and it is in mint condition, I have made a cassette tape which I play, I don't want to wear my album out. I am not even going to look on Youtube for his stuff, I doubt any of his best songs would be on it anyway.;)

I think he just passed away the other day due to Lung cancer

RIP

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Really Bucky!...that is sad news, and I guess I should pay more attention to the big picture, that one slipped right past me.

I sure hope they release the album I mentioned on CD now, there were huge legal issues attached to his contract with a particular label, the CD was available in Europe but not North America, maybe that will change now.

taha

Reaction score
Highway Chile, they only had 3 LP's but they rocked :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online