What Would You Choose?

Child of Ilúvatar

Here behind my Wall
Reaction score
If you could pick any album to forget completely, which album would it be? Would you choose a great album that you want to fall in love with again, or a pathetic one that made you miserable?

Khor1255

Reaction score
A great album, as long as I could be assured I'd hear it again...soon.

Maybe:

Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath) It's funny because when I first met the best guitar player I ever jammed with he asked me to play Wicked World off the first Sabbath album. I laughed and told him no such song existed on the first (or any Ozzy Sabbath album). It turns out he had never heard Evil Woman either!

Going For The One

1st Iron Maiden album

Desolation Boulevard

etc.

Hearing any of these for the first time would be sweet!!!!

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Hmmm... I'd have to pick the album that I think would be most impactful to me right now. I'd probably have to pick Wildflowers.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A good album I'd like to hear for the first time again to truly get into all over would be Rust In Peace for sure. The perfect metal album.

A stinker to forget would probably be something like Lulu by Loutallica. To not have to hear the bad lyrics, bad riffs, bad everything on that or to not have ever heard it would be nice.

Child of Ilúvatar

Here behind my Wall
Reaction score
Haha I didn't even think about the Beatles. Sgt. Pepper is a great one to hear for the first time

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
When I read the OP about experiencing an album for the first time I immediately thought of this movie scene for some reason.

:ec:

But I can't say there is a definitive one on the positive or the negative side for me. I mean, it'd probably be nice to have heard iconic albums freshly and with intent the first time rather than them being subconsciously drilled into my head since birth. That takes a bit of magic out of things for me. Overall though, my love for albums that blew my mind when I first heard them like Gogol Bordello's "Super Taranta!", Queen's "A Night At The Opera", Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell" and many other have just matured from that initial spark of interest into a familiar feeling of appreciation. It's not really a better or worse feeling but simply a different one that I'm ok with. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online