What to Listen to Next

wisertime

Keep on Truckin'
Reaction score
So I just finished up '...Famous Last Words...' by Supertramp and immediately I knew I had to hear 'Slave' off the Tattoo You album.

Bewwwwwwm buh baaaammmmmmmmm...do it do it do it do it....

Is that how it works for you? I let the music choose what's next. There have only been a few times, that, when listening to this album or that, I didn't know what to listen to next, that the next album choice wouldn't immediately be dictated by the overall feel and last notes of the previous album.

Astral Weeks was one of those albums. Pffft, what to follow?

The last 2 tracks closing out '...Famous Last Words...' puts the whole album into that feng-shui-how-to-proceed vibe for me. 'Slave' was the obvious next choice. Heh, I wonder what album I will listen to next. The Stones will tell me. I am already feeling like Tom Petty, or Charlie Mingus.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'd say that their are definitely music associations when I'm in a song mode. Generally I'm pretty sporadic and have a set of albums I want to listen to based on recent purchases and listen to part of the discography of each artist when a new album comes out by them. I don't have a regular rotation that goes through my brain though or else I'd be on an infinite loop whenever I wanted to listen to music. :tongue:

wisertime

Keep on Truckin'
Reaction score
I think making all those tapes back in the day has forever put my musical mind into listening to albums that make sense or somehow flow or are in some way connected to the previous song. All my mixed tapes have a definite vibe to them.

JimJam

Reaction score
I still have some mix tape cassettes and i am usually satisfied with the sequencing when i listen.

Astral Weeks was mentioned in the first post. Nico's Chelsea Girls album would make a good follow-up.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online