What Music DVD Are You Watching

Wedgebeat

Reaction score
51Q2ZGC9YZL._SY445_.jpg
This concert holds up pretty well given Shane's inebriated state. The band is tight and solid and counterbalances Shane's slurring throughout the concert. Actually I've heard far worse performances from Shane where he's forgotten lines or come in at wrong times. He's actually not bad here. The setlist features mostly Pogues songs and the audio is very good. The one negative is the band playing Hippy Hippy Shake twice.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
PAUL DI'ANNO (ex Iron Maiden) THE BEAST ARISES dvd

Paul Di'Anno and 'his' Polish band recorded live in Karkow in Poland in April 2014.

The concert is good if your a Paul Di'Anno fan (like me) although Paul's singing isn't totally the same as it was when he performed on Iron Maiden's first two albums back in 1980 & 1981 respectively but he does a good job overall and as expected Paul offers up a good helping of Iron Maiden numbers off the first two albums along with a couple of numbers off his Killers albums. His 'stage banter' ranges from telling the polish audience that they are the best f**king audience in the world to castigating some of them for being f**king nobodies!!. The band who backs Paul are made up of youngish guy's who all appear to be in there early/mid 20s and are all pretty good to be honest and managed to play all the Iron Maiden numbers note perfect!!.

All in all I'll give it 9/10 although that's because I'm a fan of Paul Di'Anno although other people who aren't fan's of Paul or even Iron Maiden mite mark the concert as 4/10??.

E-Z

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
I was watching a couple of nights ago both JERRY LEE LEWIS & CHUCK BERRY both playing at the Toronto Rock Festival in 1969 and filmed by D.A. Pennibaker the same guy who filmed the MONTEREY POP FESTIVAL in 1967.

The Jerry Lee Lewis performance still packs a punch but the Chuck Berry performance seems a bit of a lacklustre performance to me maybe in part because he is backed by a local band of long hairs called 'Flapping' that weren't that hot to be honest.

E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
I was watching a CLASH dvd of live gigs mostly filmed around the UK although there was some film of the Shea stadium gig in the USA as well.

I was watching Joe Strummer's guitar playing/technique on his Fender Telecaster which from my observation he appeared to hit the guitar strings hard and fast either on the down stroke then alternately on the up stroke and he used barre chords a lot up and down the guitar neck anyway it suited him and the Clash with Mick Jones playing all the lead guitar work and taking all the guitar solos anyway it was pretty interesting watching Joe close up at some of the gigs and his guitar playing.

E-Z

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online