What Music DVD Are You Watching

E-Z

Reaction score
LYNYRD SKYNYRD playing the Knebworth Rock Festival back in August 1976 when Skynyrd 'blew the stones off the stage' allegedly??.

Talking of rock bands playing Knebworth I wouldn't mind seeing the 1980s reformed DEEP PURPLE and MOUNTAIN playing the 1985 Knebworth festival IF IT WAS FILMED(?) (especially MOUNTAIN'S set in particular) and released on a double-disc DVD featuring both DEEP PURPLE & MOUNTAIN??.

E-Z

Reaction score
Currently I have been watching 'the Stones' at Altamont in early December 1969 and the events leading up to the staging of this notorious concert although the film GIMME SHELTER doesn't go into the full details of the background to this gig but the film footage is interesting and still worth watching some 53 years after the actual concert took place.

For a fuller picture into the background and the events leading up to the staging of this concert Joel Selvin's ALTAMONT book published in 2016 is worth searching out.

E-Z

Reaction score
I watched LED ZEPPELIN live DVD at the Royal Albert Hall in London back in January of 1970 yesterday evening (I had seen it all the way through once before about 15 or 20 years ago) and the whole concert looks better than I remember watching it originally. I was never a big fan of the band being more of a Deep Purple fan as opposed to 'Zeppelin' but I must admit that I enjoyed the whole gig. Well done lads.

MickJagger

Reaction score
I own about 120 music DVD's. Most were bought in the last 40 years at a store or 2nd owner store. I have a wide-screen TV with a good sound bar.

Not surprisingly, I am a Rolling Stones fan. My favorite is "Ladies and Gentlemen" The Rolling Stones (1972 Tour, released in 2010).

Next is the "Rolling Stones From the Vault (Hamilton Coliseum)". (1981 Tour, 2014 issue).

I have four of the newer tours.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Been watching Genesis - When In Rome 2007 today. Much more entertaining than I'd imagined. Phil Collins is a brilliant drummer and fantastic frontman.
when in rome.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online