What Music DVD Are You Watching

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I watched the Ginger Baker bio dvd called Beware Of Mr.Baker and it is quite amusing especially where Ginger is being asked questions by a youngish rock interviewer in Ginger's ranch house in Africa where Ginger quite often after being asked a question will say something to the interviewer like "What?. Listen you stupid idiot" or "F**k off!" or "Your just a dumb yank" ha ha ha... Some of the archive film footage of Ginger is interesting and to be honest Ginger in the 1970s looked very intimidating no wonder a number of rock musicians kept out of his way. I had to laugh when the rock interviewer asks Ginger in 2012 while Ginger was laying down looking f**ked would he Ginger get back out playing in a rock band again?. Ginger looked at the interviewer guy for a couple of seconds and then said loudly F**K OFF!!. Ha ha ha...
lol hotheaded ginger Ginger... always was hard to get along with. Imagine putting him in a band with Ritchie Blackmore, the egos would cause an inferno!!

E-Z

Reaction score
lol hotheaded ginger Ginger... always was hard to get along with. Imagine putting him in a band with Ritchie Blackmore, the egos would cause an inferno!!
Beware Of Mr.Baker...

I re-watched it again a few days ago after watching it about 6-7 times a few weeks ago and it's actually a pretty good dvd to watch and quite amusing in some parts with Ginger saying whatever comes into his head. I believe it was filmed around 2010 nine years before Ginger's death at his ranch house in South Africa and includes lots of archive material but it's a pity the producers didn't add an extra 30-45 minutes of bonus interview material to really 'round it out' for those who are interested in Ginger Baker like myself. Compared to the Eric Clapton dvd A Life In 12 Bars their is no comparison Eric's dvd is interesting and it contains some interesting material especially around the Patti Harrison business when Eric nicked George Harrison's wife but it isn't as entertaining to watch as the Ginger Baker dvd which is worth repeated watching and quite amusing in parts.

Last edited:

DaveSmooth

Reaction score
I ordered Rammstein live in Paris on dvd a few days ago so it should arrive tomorrow, (after watching it on Amazon Prime streaming ).Being an old school g1t I still prefer to actually own something physical rather than rely on streaming. Also what I have noticed is that some concerts on Amazon become unavailable after a while.

1642795193816.png

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online