What is a song that has emotional significance to you right now?

Darth Pazuzu

Banned
Reaction score
Way back in March, I had bought a copy of Rush's The Studio Albums 1989-2007 box set. Having listened to the whole thing in the early days of the lockdown due to the pandemic, I have to say that the song that really jumped out at me and had resonance was... Now you might think I'd say something like Red Tide, from Presto... But I'm not. Instead it's:

Why, out of all the songs Rush had written on any of their later albums, that one should jump out at me as being especially emotionally affecting (musically and lyrically) at this particular point in time and history, I really couldn't tell you. But it really is true for me.

suzannemg1234

Reaction score
Today marks 1 year since my best friend Michelle passed away.. :(
I would tell you it gets easier, sometimes it does than it doesn't. My son passed away a few years back at a young age, I'M still trying to deal. Hang in there.

Romulus

Reaction score
When Melanie sings this cover, for the first time I listen to the lyrics and that jerky melancholy she brings this music.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I officially 'woke up' musically hearing this- i walked out a private party in a squash club...hopped over the road to a noteable rough boozer, to see two rather tall Rasta's carrying in huge bass bins and giant speaker cabinets...converted double wardrobes...twenty minutes later and drinking pints of heavy.. this version of Jacob Millers song came on...converted!
Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown.

Romulus

Reaction score
This is a recent song (called the Secret Game) performed for the film 'The Coldest Game'. A film about the Cuban missile crisis connected to espionage involved in an international chess match played in Warsaw. Excellent film which delved into the atmosphere of a cold war on the brink of full scale Nuclear war. The song brings out the tension and danger involved in such murky situations, maybe specifically for Professor Joshua Mansky who represented USA in the chess match against a Russian counterpart.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online