What do we think the biggest new trends of the 2010's will be?

LordJohn

Reaction score
I'm a bit unsure. It doesn't seem like there's been a huge new act that has really jumped out yet. It wouldn't surprise me if there's more Baroque Pop/Rock bands after the success of Arcade Fire and Bon Iver.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Aside from a very VERY small handful of bands, I haven't been terribly happy with most of the music scene for the past 15+ yrs. There have been a few gems, but overall, I'm just not impressed with most.

New trends to become big in the 2010s? no clue at this point.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I think these are generations of individual taste and not needing trends. So much variety and no problem finding it with the internet leads to a more broken up taste differential. A beautiful thing and thank God we are designated a voice or voices to our generation. :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I think these are generations of individual taste and not needing trends. So much variety and no problem finding it with the internet leads to a more broken up taste differential. A beautiful thing and thank God we are designated a voice or voices to our generation. :grinthumb

That's some impressive insight Soots. I had never really thought about the impact the internet has had on music for the past 10-12 years. Much easier to explore various genres when they're at your fingertips vs. the radio/MTV generations who had to wait until 8 p.m. for their Yo MTV Raps or their rock block. :heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
That's some impressive insight Soots. I had never really thought about the impact the internet has had on music for the past 10-12 years. Much easier to explore various genres when they're at your fingertips vs. the radio/MTV generations who had to wait until 8 p.m. for their Yo MTV Raps or their rock block. :heheh:

Exactly, I always hear people complaining about radio but then say they loved crate digging for LPs. The internet is your crate. Try stuff out and if you like it you can buy it still. Radio has to be as much of your life as you choose nowadays. Haven't turned it on for years. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I see a bleak horizon coming for old collectors like myself. With the labels rumored to be abandoning the CD this year or next year we will all be forced to download our music and everyone here knows how I feel about i-tunes and their lossy format.:nw:

Hopefully either the bands themselves or Amazon offer full FLAC/Ape or other lossless for us to enjoy. One thing is certain, if they do that I will Burn a permanent copy for myself, I'm not ever going to be caught like so many people that lose everything they paid for when their i-pod/other portable is lost or stolen or dies. To me that is utterly ridiculous.

As far as music goes, I have given up trying to predict where we will end up in this decade.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I see a bleak horizon coming for old collectors like myself. With the labels rumored to be abandoning the CD this year or next year we will all be forced to download our music and everyone here knows how I feel about i-tunes and their lossy format.:nw:

Hopefully either the bands themselves or Amazon offer full FLAC/Ape or other lossless for us to enjoy. One thing is certain, if they do that I will Burn a permanent copy for myself, I'm not ever going to be caught like so many people that lose everything they paid for when their i-pod/other portable is lost or stolen or dies. To me that is utterly ridiculous.

As far as music goes, I have given up trying to predict where we will end up in this decade.

I honestly don't think c.d.s are going to stop being sold anytime soon LG. I know there's been a lot of speculation but I don't see it on the horizon yet. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I hope you are right Sooty,,,but if they can get away without selling physical copies and just offer digital alternatives online and it saves them money then they will do just that.

Perhaps with all the controversy surrounding the impending changes concerning online rights/freedoms they will hold off until the picture clears.

I know one thing for sure, in Canada we are about to lose all our online freedom, unlike the Congress here the Parliament is controlled by the PM and these new laws will sail through without any problem at all. Then Big Brother will be watching everything I do online from that point forward. Really ****** me off. I have thought about using one of those "Black Box" sites that cover your tracks, not because I am intending to break any laws but I just Hate the thought of everything I do being monitored and reported.:mad

Back to music, I hope the European bands continue to make hard rock/metal of the highest quality, that has been a revelation for me the last five years.:tup:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think one of the biggest trends for the 2010's is music being focused on the "Single". We are already seeing this in the way bands release their new CD's......one song at a time. I dont mind this trend, since we have seen this in the past when 45's were popular.

As far as music genre trends..........I am unsure what is trendy. I like the melting pot of music that exists, TBH.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online