What do we think the biggest new trends of the 2010's will be?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't think singles have ever stopped being used to promote bands, but you are right Magic the way things are done now many people only buy the single off the various download sites. In the 80's during the video revolution they became the media of choice for singles, but I've never liked musicians trying to become film directors and always enjoyed picturing my own imagery when I listen to a song.

One thing I can guarantee,,,well Almost anyway is there will never be another album released like this one from Yes anytime soon.

4392223391_1a1f72ff4b_z.jpg

Double vinyl edition with 4 tracks one per side, this record even caused Rick Wakeman to leave the band after the tour was over.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you think that a trend may develop to move music from a CD/album format to a DVD/live music format?

Maybe the music video & DVD will become the "new" album release.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I would like to see them explore the potential of both DVD-A and Blu-Ray for old and new music. Even if it just means an audio disc with no video, but artists being the creative souls they are would most likely want a video component.

Blu-Ray is such a massive step up in sound quality from CD, and it's already invented and waiting to be explored. Although rumours abound a new format with even better quality is going to be released in 2-3 years.

I don't know what the labels/executives are planning Magic, from where I sit they are waiting themselves to see if the US can succeed with their legislation before planning long term anyway...:dunno:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
EDM-based pop has been going strong for years now, and with acts like Skrillex bumping into the top 10 albums chart, it seems to be reaching a fever pitch. So I'm expecting the plateau and inevitable fallout to come any day now. But, as a dedicated fan, I'm hoping we can stave it off as long as we can.

Even though Adele herself is riding on the latest gin-soaked soul wave initially popularized by acts like Amy Winehouse and Corinne Bailey Rae, with Adele's record-setting success I expect we'll see a bunch more following in those footsteps. I'm even curious if maybe that might be the next phase general pop tries to take after dance starts to fall out, although it's a mode that's been done before so frankly hope not.

Music-based TV shows have become all the rage. I hope this tapers off because it's just too much of a good thing. TV & music are my two favorite things in the world, but I don't need them to be inexorably linked, per se'. But I don't expect it to taper off any time soon since not only has it proven itself lucrative but in this world of increasingly diversified options for consumers, TV is one of the most valuable sources for disseminating music.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I'm glad you mentioned Adele, AAG. I do believe just this past week she broke the Titanic soundtrack's previous record of most consecutive weeks at number one. She's on fire and I expect a ton of Grammy's in her arms in the next few weeks. Yes there will be imitators but I doubt any of them will match her success.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
My band releasing a debut album, which goes on top 10 in album charts and worldwide tour as a warm comeback for heavy progressive rock.

J/K :heheh:

I don't expect anything positive to happen. Maybe one proper hard rock band breaking through all the garbage on the radio or TV, would be great to see this happening.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.