What bands do you wish would get back together?

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score
Yeah, i saw that. I'm sorry but the Faces without Rod are simply not the Faces. I'm happy to see that Ian and Kenney are playing together again, though. I'm not holding my breath that it will be any good but I wish them well. I suppose if Thin Lizzy can still tour without Phil Lynott, Woody and his crew have a chance to pull it off. Still, you'd think they could have found a better replacement for Rod than Mick Hucknell of all people.

I hear you. As much as I love the Velvet Underground, they just wouldn't be the same without Sterling Morrison.

I'm not very familiar with Hucknell (I'm not even sure who he used to sing with), but I saw a youtube clip of him singing with the Faces and it sounded good to me. I think that Ian and Kenney are some of the best rock musicians out there so I'm really glad that they're playing together again (and it will be interesting to hear Woody playing Faces songs again).

I thought of two more bands I'd like to see reform:
The original Deep Purple and White Zombie.

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score
The Original Van Halen line up with Dave,Eddie,Alex,Mike Wolfie doesn't fit well in Van Halen he needs to go.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Ozzy Osbourne with Randy Rhoads Randy Rhoads was a brilliant guitar player for Ozzys band

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
:bow:
Technically it wasn't any more of a band than one man projects like NIN, Ours, etc. who have unofficial members contribute parts on an album and on tour but I would LOVE tro see Gregg start up the New Radicals project again!

New+Radicals+GreggAlexander.jpg

New-Radicals-Maybe-Youve-Been-364560.jpg

some of the most refreshing and electic music I have ever heard. Genius

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Rolling Stones

Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Brian Jones
Bill Wyman
Charlie Watts

Cream

Eric Clapton
Jack Bruce
Ginger Baker

Yardbirds

Keith Relf
Jeff Beck
Chris Dreja
Paul Samwell-Smith
Jim McCarty

:rock:

Fever

Reaction score
Lynyrd Skynyrd

I would like Jeff Carlisi back in .38 Special.And the drumming duo of Jack Grondin and Steve Brookins..38 Special was one of the few bands with two drummers.Why did they have two? I don't know but it was always great to see how in sync they were with each other.
Gary Richrath back in REO Speedwagon.

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Creedence Clearwater Revival. Tom Fogerty would have to rise up from the ground for it to become complete but come on John. You three remaining members are still vertical. That was a childish stunt you pulled on Stu and Doug at CCR's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. Bury the freakin' hatchet already!

The Doors
Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Beatles
(almost - but they pretty much gave all they could)
Led Zeppelin. Yeah there was the recent reunion but with Bonzo in the engine room, no one could touch them.
Nick Drake Died too young.
Randy Rhoads w/Ozzy

Small Faces definitely

The original Love

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
For me, the Beatles got better as they went along. Abbey Road, being the last album they recorded is FAR and away the best album they ever did. What else could they have done had they stuck it out for a few more years? Could they have topped Abbey Road? *shrug*

My top choice would be The Beatles, and I totally agree with you Lynch, well Abbey Road is their best album in my book anyway.

It'd also be good to have Phil Lynott back and Thin Lizzy doing their stuff again.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Here's two bands I very much enjoyed:

Doors

Jim Morrison - Vocals
Robby Krieger - Guitar
Ray Manzarek - Keyboards
John Densmore - Drums

Animals

Eric Burdon - Vocals
Hilton Valentine - Guitar
Alan Price - Organ
Chas Chandler - Bass
John Steel - Drums

:****:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Obviously Genesis, which is still a faint possibility with Phil's back operation a success.

I disagree with Powderfinger about their break up, to me it sounded like they had plenty more to give, even if they made an album half as good as Golden Rule it'd still be a classic.

Would love to see a Pink Floyd reunion, even though they're a bit short staffed...

Cold Chisel, which may well be actually happening soon!

And most of my other favourite bands are luckily still active, so it's only a small list for me :D

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Pink Floyd, ofcourse. I'm so envy to all of those who could experience them at concerts. Other bands would be : The Doors, The Velvet Underground, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix Exp, Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, Quicksilver M.S. ...

It's pretty sad when all your playlist make bands that are disbanded :(

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online