Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Deadhead
Reaction score
"I was swimming in the Carribean..."

Okay, the first thing that popped into my mind was Judas Priest performing incognito the same way the Grateful Dead billed their Hampton '89 shows as "The Warlocks" to diminish attention from that nightmarish travelling caravan which ensued after "In the Dark"'s explosion among lost white boys looking for some brand of aesthetic veritas among the vacuous ruins of the 80's cultural landscape (can you put an apostrophe "s" outside of quotes? :wtf: ).

RPA sounds tight, slick, competent, and entirely inoffensive, which is not intended as pejorative commentary. This isn't my genre, but it's nice to see that the brand still thrives! I'd love to think that this track was recorded live in studio without significant engineering frills; if so, they'd be a heck of a live show!

Now, where, indeed, is my mind?

(I've prepared myself for hurt feelings :eek2: (I do so love the Pixies...shoulda prolly posted an ABBA vid...))

Aero

Reaction score
First of all...nice post as you obviously put some thought into it (I had to actually go to the dictionary to look up a word or two.) You made me use my brain! What the hell?? :pullhair: :****:

Anyhow, the Pixies were a talented band. I'm not familiar with most of their catalog but I do like that song. It's kind of a strange lyrical composition in that the 2nd stanza doesn't exactly fit to the beat of the song. But a good song nonetheless. 7.8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitewintermarket

Members online