Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I got an email this morning from a friend over in England who lives near Bristol, and he said the storm they had last night was insane, almost hurricane strength winds that ripped up trees and there has been lots of damage, and even a few people died, so it sounds pretty bad for the UK.... I assume that's the same storm you had BigEars if you are down Hampshire way?

Yes, it effected most of the south. The worst wind speeds were on The Needles on the IOW (a notoriously dangerous stretch of water), which reached 99mph. There were a number of deaths, including a child washed into the sea, as well as those from trees falling on houses and cars. An event which stayed in my mind was a person of 51, killed by a tree falling on his car and one of the rescue services people saying a few seconds either side cost him his life. A 14-year-old child was playing a game of 'dare' on a jetty as the waves came in and he was washed into the sea never to be seen again. This could also have cost the lives of the lifeguards who risked life and limb trying to find him. The footage of their little craft, thrown about against the coastline, desperately trying to find the boy, made me queasy. There was also a couple killed when a tree hit their house and ruptured a gas pipe, killing them in the resultant explosion.

Near to where I live, they showed damage from falling trees, as a result of the upcoming roots lifting outbuildings from underneath. A lot of public transport was cancelled, although mine was delayed through a seemingly unrelated technical problem. I felt sorry for a person who had recently set up a new business selling fresh fruit, vegetables, dairy produce and the like from chiller cabinets, who lost everything in a power cut. He had just competed the stock.

It seems calmer today, although it is colder too.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
guJ8R.jpg

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Buddy Guy - Blues Singer

0828765346825.jpg

B.B. King - Live at the Regal

king-b-b-478-l.jpg

Lita Ford - The Bitch Is Back

Lita-Ford-The-Bitch-Is-Back.jpg

Ayreon - The Theory of Everything (2 CD+DVD)

635144790037356550.jpg

Olga Peretyatko - La bellezza del canto

la-bellezza-del-canto-olga-peretyatko.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member