Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Re: Rate The Song Above You II

Their first single released in 1967. Not bad but not my style. Pleasant song though. 7/10

Cuby and the Blizzards-Crying Tears 1968

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album. Still my favourite.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score

Their first single released in 1967. Not bad but not my style. Pleasant song though. 7/10

Cuby and the Blizzards-Crying Tears 1968

I love it when somebody does something different and interesting with 12 bar blues, which by definition is a slightly limiting musical format, and this oldie from 1968 is an example of what I mean, I like the feel of this and the way they play around with and stretch the possibilities here, nice guitar sound, give it an 8/10

Rate this great protest song, from the same era, one of my all time favourite bands...

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score

Sure, I'll do it EF....as long as you rate my track and get me involved in the mix!

I'm not a huge metal fan these days but I know enough about the genre historically to be able to pass comment.... the opening riff actually reminded me of 'Space Station #5' by Montrose, then we have a very Bruce Dickinson-esque/Iron Maiden vocal, so it's a bit derivative of a lot of other stuff (which is always my main problem with metal) but I quite liked it by the 2nd time I played it, especially through my headphones as everyone else in the house is still asleep in bed!! So I'll give Running Wild/Soulless 7/10.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

Well, what to say about CCR's Fortunate Son. If someone hasn't heard this song they have been living in a cave!! Swamp/blues/rock one calls it?? Intense lyrics and music. 9/10.

Cuby & Blizzards: Somebody will know some day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online