Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Z

Reaction score
I tried TRIUMPH.
I bought their 'Progressions of Power' album.
Too heavy for me.
TRIUMPH TO HEAVY?. I bought a 'King Biscuit Flower Hour' radio recording of them performing live at a gig somewhere in the USA back in 1980/81 (I bought this cd back in the mid 1990s) and thought they sounded ok but not particularly 'heavy' but Martin Popoff the rock guy who published a book called The Heavy Metal Bible or something like that back in 1996-97 didn't rate them much and I believe he claimed they paid out thousands of dollars to book and play the London Palladium theatre in the west end of London so they could 'headline' there own concert?. The bands guitarist (I forget his name?) is suppose to have been a minor guitar hero back around 1979-81 or so I read?. One time in the Virg*n record store in central London back the early/mid 1990s you could buy some Triumph cds but I haven't seen any on sale in London for around 30 years!!.

"Before the hate mail floods in I actually thought TRIUMPH sounded ok myself."

Last edited:

70sProgFan

Reaction score
TRIUMPH TO HEAVY?. I bought a 'King Biscuit Flower Hour' radio recording of them performing live at a gig somewhere in the USA back in 1980/81 (I bought this cd back in the mid 1990s) and thought they sounded ok but not particularly 'heavy' but Martin Popoff the rock guy who published a book called The Heavy Metal Bible or something like that back in 1996-97 didn't rate them much and I believe he claimed they paid out thousands of dollars to book and play the London Palladium theatre in the west end of London so they could 'headline' there own concert?. The bands guitarist (I forget his name?) is suppose to have been a minor guitar hero back around 1979-81 or so I read?. One time in the Virg*n record store in central London back the early/mid 1990s you could buy some Triumph cds but I haven't seen any on sale in London for around 30 years!!.

"Before the hate mail floods in I actually thought TRIUMPH sounded ok myself."
I was led to believe that they were prog-rock, which they aren't.
I just really didn't like the stuff on that album (which I traded in).

Reactions: E-Z

70sProgFan

Reaction score
ALICE COOPER - 'Constrictor'
This album and period in Alice's career gets lots of criticism, but it's not a bad album - nowhere near as poor as 'Flush The Fashion' or 'Zipper Catches Skin'.
In fact some of his later stuff such as 'Special Forces', 'Along Came A Spider', 'The Eyes of...' are absolutely dreadful.

oc01ndu3lmpwzwc-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Just riding piggy back briefly on Triumph discussion. I like much from most of their albums but not an entire album, really. I never considered them heavy or progressive but perhaps they had elements of both at time, but certainly hard rock. I mean we like to compare them to Rush but they are certainly not as "heavy" as early Rush and not as "progressive" either. Those three guys made some very good songs nonetheless.

Now listening to "Common Ground"-Rhythm Corps

Reactions: E-Z
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jester143

Members online