Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
60131577_659222294539648_6456017710600945664_n.jpg

E-Z

Reaction score
I have that double-disc Hendrix cd of the concert from Stockholm from January or February 1969 with the entire first cd disc being filmed in b&w for transmission on Swedish television after originally obtaining a copy of it on an old VHS video cassette back in 1986 or 87. Jimi, Mitch & Noel play a good set although I have read that Jimi was annoyed about something and didn't say much between songs during the whole set anyway Jimi, Mitch & Noel all walk off stage at the conclusion of Sunshine of Your Love (the Cream song) when the MC walks on stage and calls time on the set by saying "Yeah, that's all folks!" much to the annoyance of the audience amongst shouts and whistles and Noel Redding is heard saying "We haven't finished yet!" then the MC realises that he's very unpopular all of a sudden and makes himself look like a complete twat by saying in a stuttering shaky voice "No?. Well I was told if the group finished at 9:00 o'clock that was the end BUT I guess you all want some more so here they are the Jimi Hendrix Experience!" but Jimi, Mitch & Noel have already disappeared backstage into there dressing room not to re-appear until the second concert.

Two songs from the concert Red House & Sunshine of Your Love both appeared on a dvd released by Experience Hendrix the family run business who own Jimi's entire recording legacy with Jimi playing a white Gibson SG instead of his custom Stratocaster on both songs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online