What are the worst band names ever?

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I came across a Japanese band called 'Coffins' yesterday! Their label is 'Horror Pain Gore Death Productions'. Lovely...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
For the record I like all the names Hole, Bubble Puppy, Doug & the Slugs, Mott the Hoople and Hootie & the Blowfish. They're all imaginative!

:grinthumb

We part ways on that one Fox, I don't like or respect Courtney Love, and Hole is a demeaning name to describe any member of the opposite sex, it's in poor taste and so is their music.:nw:

Tray, you are right that is a terrible brand of music, but on the other hand after reading the name of the label they record for it's easy to avoid them at all costs...:D

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
My friend's brother's old band was called Rectal Abortion.

Travelin' Man

Reaction score
There are too many band names in this thread for me to agree with them all!

I respectfully submit the names Lovin' Spoonful and 10CC...

LOVIN' SPOONFUL - 1) from the lyrics of the old song "Coffee Blues". Possibly a drug reference to the spoon used to heat & melt drugs such as heroin for use. 2) Also that the amount of the ***** ejaculated by the average male is about a spoonful (see also the band 10cc).

Whether it be definition 1 or 2, why would you want to hitch yourself to either wagon?

Abraxas

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone mentioned this band yet...

but, wasn't there a band called ''The The'' ?

Yeah, I mentioned the band earlier in the thread. Very unimaginative name.

Here's a weird name Do Make Say Think. I love their music but always thought they could've come up with a better name.

Cinder

Reaction score
Well I must have been living under a rock as I havent heard of any of the bands you have mention apart from Puddle of Mud - Shaz, thats not such a bad name and I quite like their music also.

Lol @ Cosmic Harmony re Whitesnake, yes Ive heard of Whitesnake and never thought the name was in any way *******:oyea:

As for L.M.F.A.O I cant believe a band are that dumb to call themselves that, I wouldnt be in the slightest bit interested to hear what they sound like with that name.

I quite liked the Symbol Feldster, I thought it looked pretty stupid on his face though, agree nice music.

I guess the only silly name I can think of at the moment is Faster Pussy Cat again Loved their music and Gay Bikers on Acid whom I have no idea what they sound like. Sound like a Thrash or Metal band I guess.

Cinder

Reaction score
Correction, I have heard of Queen and also Queensriche (both I like) also Qosa, I came in too soon again thought I was on the last page and I wasnt. Sorry about that, I will crawl back under me rock now lol :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Lol @ Cosmic Harmony re Whitesnake, yes Ive heard of Whitesnake and never thought the name was in any way *******:oyea:

Well it's named after David Coverdale's penis so sorry to burst that innocent little bubble. :D :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online