1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War (Official Thread)

Discussion in '70's Music' started by Slip'nn2Darkness, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Re: War.. One of my favorites

I remember hearing a story about this a number of years ago, regarding Burdon leaving the band. I have no idea if this is factual or simply the sort of stuff that is considered urban legend.

The story went something like this. The band's record label were boasting something about none of their artists under contract were big drug users (or at least not open about it). To which Eric responded by saying "oh yeah, wtf am I?" and from what I understand, he was pretty well known for being a habitual user of various drugs.

So, from what I remember, the whole collapse in Euro, and subsequent leaving of the band was basically forced by the record company and he (and possibly the band) were given compensation for keeping the whole thing under wraps.

Again, I'm not saying that 1 word of this is fact, just a story I remember hearing quite a few years ago

2. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

Re: War.. One of my favorites

I can buy that.. I hear things about his "ODD " side from a few posters on here that seem to know his history..
    It wouldn't strike me as he had to do that just to justify his stand on things..
    But in all.. maybe it was a right move so the band could go on and express themselves the way they wanted too..
    Spill the wine was a great hit.. But without Eric in the band.. they brought forth some major hits on their own..:cheers:

3. yesfan2000

yesfan2000 Member

What a grooovy band...once they get into a groove, they just don't let it go.

The World is a Ghetto is start to finish...must listen all the way through...crank it up...essential for me.

I've got Eric Burdon Declares War, but I wasn't too impressed with it.

dave

4. Phil B.

Phil B. Far Out Man!

Ballero (live 1972)

5. Vader

Vader Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars

I always liked War. I have a best of CD. I usually I not one for that format ...probably should look a bit deeper.

6. Magic

Magic Woman of the World