W.A.S.P. (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I remember listening to that debut album in my friend's basement. Windows blacked out. Black light on. Posters on the wall glowing.

Jammed out that album MANY times over the years!

:oy:

rtbuck

Reaction score
30 Years Ago

W.A.S.P.

51DHe7JPRoL._SY300_.jpg

Wow! I didn't see this post yesterday and yet for some unknown reason I was on YouTube and decided to watch the full Live at the Lycium 1984 concert! I had no idea it was the 30th anniversary of their debut. I still get in my WASP moods...earlier this year I bought the remasters of their debut, Last Command, & Inside the Electric Circus

Lynch

Reaction score
This week marks the 27th anniversary of the US release of The Crimson Idol. Don't know why the rest of the world got it like 8 or 9 months earlier, but it is what it is. I still like to consider the release date as 1992.

Anyway, outstanding album!

1590408498127-png.png

Lynch

Reaction score
Speaking of which, I've been going through some of my thousands of CDs in recent weeks/months re-ripping music and just dusting off the old catalog.

Came across my Crimson Idol disc a couple of weeks back, made me want to cry. I have the '98 remastered release with the bonus disc. Well make that 'HAD'.

I opened it up and saw that the bonus disc is broken right in half. :uh:

No clue wtf happened to it or how. The jewel case was in a protective 90-disc hard case. It's likely been like this for many years and I just never noticed it. But, it made me sad. Disc 1 is flawless, not a scratch on it.

6mYMyqn.jpg

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Speaking of which, I've been going through some of my thousands of CDs in recent weeks/months re-ripping music and just dusting off the old catalog.

Came across my Crimson Idol disc a couple of weeks back, made me want to cry. I have the '98 remastered release with the bonus disc. Well make that 'HAD'.

I opened it up and saw that the bonus disc is broken right in half. :uh:

No clue wtf happened to it or how. The jewel case was in a protective 90-disc hard case. It's likely been like this for many years and I just never noticed it. But, it made me sad. Disc 1 is flawless, not a scratch on it.

6mYMyqn.jpg

Jeebus! Is the back plastic cracked at all? I've had hundreds of CD's, some of them quite old and never had one crack in half. I've busted a few that were too scratched to play, but they didn't break than cleanly.

You know what I think?....
Alien Guy 5a Vinylphiles.jpg

Lynch

Reaction score
Jeebus! Is the back plastic cracked at all? I've had hundreds of CD's, some of them quite old and never had one crack in half. I've busted a few that were too scratched to play, but they didn't break than cleanly.

You know what I think?....
View attachment 50096

:heheh:

Honestly, I have absolutely no clue how that could have happened. I've destroyed plenty of discs in my day, especially old "copies" of CDs or even more so, old CD backups and I've never seen a break that clean. Not even close. That release was a double-CD and there's no mark anywhere else on that jewel case. I mean, the case is nearly mint condition. The first disc hasn't a scratch on it. That very well may be aliens. ;)

heavymetaljim

Reaction score
This week marks the 27th anniversary of the US release of The Crimson Idol. Don't know why the rest of the world got it like 8 or 9 months earlier, but it is what it is. I still like to consider the release date as 1992.

Anyway, outstanding album!

View attachment 194090
Great freaking record and Blackie is an amazing Artist - should have had more recognition

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online