Vocalist Who Have Gotten Better Over Time!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I feel the exact opposite. He went from really unique and exciting to almost banal staring with Permanent Waves but really accelerating around the time Hold Your Fire was released.

I can't think of a single singer who got better later on.

I'm not really surprised you feel that way, there are quite a few fans of RUSH who loved their early sound, and then there are plenty of us who feel the band hit it's mark with Moving Pictures. Quite a few people I knew who didn't like RUSH before MP came out changed their mind.

I just think Geddy matured and learned how to get the most out of his voice at that point.

Pappy

Reaction score
Bruce Dickinson sounds miles better post Reunion with Maiden compared to before he left.

James Hetfield may have the most improvement of a big name singer when you compare where is voice is now compared to his debut release.

Elvis Presley in the 70's destroyed his 50's stuff.

Vincent Cavanagh of Anathema went from a growly doom singer to one of the finest vocalist in the progressive rock genre

Ann Wilson sounds EXACTLY like she did 30-40 years ago. Amazing

I second names like Fogerty, Rodgers, Hughes, Haga, Plant. Those legends just don't age vocally. Steven Tyler too

aiza55

Reaction score
Pop music went downhill after the 80s. If modern groups learned to play their own backing instruments, they might actually be worth listening to.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Unless you're a fan, you probably wouldn't notice it, but Avril's vocal got progressively richer and more textured with each album.

That is, until her 5th one. It's just really surface stuff with this latest 'effort'.

I love her, so I'll hold off saying she's peaked until her 6th one comes out.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online