Black Sabbath / Paranoid / 1974 California Jam

Mark Knopfler - Song For Sonny Liston

Muleskinner - February 13,1973

Grateful Dead & Duane Allman - Dark Star / Spanish Jam 1970

Grateful Dead with Duane & Gregg Allman
Fillmore East February 11, 1970
Dark Star 6:56 - 7:51 = unknown audience master
Dark Star 7:51 - 10:54 = unknown SBD source
The unknown audience master used to patch Dark Star is excellent. The second SBD source, supplying the other 3 minutes of Dark Star is mildly inferior to the main source.
The third guitarist audible starting about 2:45 into Dark Star and for several minutes thereafter is Peter Green. Duane Allman on slide guitar enters around the middle of Dark Star. Gregg Allman adds organ during Spanish Jam.

From "Searching for the Sound" by Phil Lesh:
Jerry says to Phil of The Allman Brothers Band on their way to this show: "make sure you check these guys out... they're kinda like us... They jam hard."
Phil was startled when he heard Duane's slide during Dark Star... Jerry hadn't told him anyone would sit in.
Gregg "slides onto the organ bench" during Spanish Jam.
"Peter Green from Fleetwood Mac plugs in just as I'm pulling the music into the dominant minor ... he and Duane seem more comfortable in this space."
After the show, "I walk outside -- it's daylight, and snow is falling gently on the streets of New York... I grab Bob and Jerry in a group embrace: This is what it's all about."

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Mick Jagger 15 years old

Brian Jones playing Ruby Tuesday on piano 1967 very rare London Road

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Slave Raider

Make Some Noise

They are playing this song on the radio right now. I haven't heard this in many years.

:bow:

Saw these guys a few times back in the day. I don't know if they originated from Minnesota, but they certainly enjoyed their biggest success in the upper midwest with Minneapolis being their home base. Unfortunately, I don't think they ever made much noise in the music scene outside of the 3 or 4 state area and ended up breaking up in the early 90's.

I'm pretty sure that Chainsaw (lead singer) is now the frontman for a local hairband cover band called "Hairball".

Tish (Letisha Rae / bass) has been in a number of bands over the past 20+ years, including some all-******* band at one point in the 90's, if I remember correctly. Tish used to even come out to our karaoke shows and sing once in a while.

Don't know about the rest of the band members.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Eyes - Calling All Girls (1990)

From their debut album. Doubt anyone would remember anyone from this band other than lead singer Jeff Scott Soto. Intro starts a few seconds in, but doesn't really take anything away from the overall song/video.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Cool story Lynch!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Cool Eyes vid too!! :grinthumb

Hey remember this one???

Lion ~ Power Love

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa